Observed Trials banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Shimano caliper and adapter passed away 2 years ago...
Bengal adapter snapped this year...
Unknown (spare) cracked yesterday...
My fault or am I just too heavy?

·
tda
1,503 Posts
Everyone knows those calipera are full H O M O , avid bbdbd will last you over 20 years.

edited because h o m o got cencored What a bunch of fa gg o ts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone knows those calipera are full H O M O , avid bbdbd will last you over 20 years.

edited because h o m o got cencored What a bunch of fa gg o ts

that shimmy was not for real men in trials...
Maggy took the beating after several adapter collapsed.
then please a good adapter is all I need, how does this avid looks like?

·
Super Moderator
202 Posts
bbdb is an older version Avid BB7 that they don't make anymore. They changed the design in like 2008. So you'll have a hard time finding that brake.

As far as adapters, I really don't know anything about them but I'd trust anything made by Hope. If you break a Hope, maybe there is something else going on beyond just simple equipment failure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunately, the place where I am at does not like ebay... instead they have their own platform of ebay-like. Anyway, i ordered the Hope caliper adapter since i couldn't find any other solid made adapters.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I felt secured by the power of 203 rotors specially that my calipers were only 2 pots. I am out of budget when talking about quads calipers....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Got this from 2nd hand shop, looks un-beaten with free fancy bolts for half the price of my torn up hope, indeed beefy, bit heavier...

And the setup is darn straight, no extra washers in-between, perfect clearance on rotor and caliper.
Hope this will get back my confidence in learning...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts