Inside sources tell me that

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by AndyT, Feb 21, 2004.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

motorama was gay!

2. BiKe4EvEr

BiKe4EvEr Guest

i can't wait to see the vid :rofl:

3. BrettM

BrettM New Member

It better have been. I don't wanna regret not blowing a grand just on a plane ticket.

4. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

Motorama: Great for meeting people, Bad for riding(Man made sections,gas fumes) thats the impression that i get.

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

anyone have results? i dont feel like waiting four weeks for the nats site to get the "official" ones up.

i hear chris showed up in pro mod wearing a skin suit... douche. andy rode well in pro stock i hear. many pros were no shows? people got sick from gas fumes as usual?

6. average mike

average mike Guest

Cecil won pro mod, Steidley won pro stock (i think?), i dont know who won the expert classes, i won sport mod (hooray for me). Chris wore a hot megamo skinsuit, Andy god second in pro stock i think, which is really awesome, not many big names were there (Santos, Jeremy, JJ were all no shows), and the gas fumes were deathly.

7. xumbyx

xumbyx Guest

Motorama wasnt that bad, sections got thrown together last minute, really dusty from the dirt floor in the building...

Pro Mod:
    1) ryan cecil
    2) mike steidly
    3)?

Pro Stock:
    1)Mike Steidly
    2)Tim Finn
    3) ? (may have been andy listes? not sure...)

Expert mod:
    1) Me (Mike Umbarger)
    2) ???
    3) ???

Expert Stock:
    1) Me (Mike Umbarger)
    2) Sam Perkins
    3) ???

I dont really remember any more results, it was fairly unorganized when it came time for results and awards.

-Mike Umbarger

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

just by looking at the names it looks like the worst mo show ever...

9. BrettM

BrettM New Member

That looks weird. Did Andy get a fuckin ton better? No offence or anything but at squamish he did worse in expert and got beat by a dude who had been riding less than 6 months. Pro looked insanely easy and expert looked pretty hard by the scores.

10. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

MOTOrama was not great. :down:

11. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

hey question for all the american riders...what ever hapened to jj greg..
    does he even ride anymore?

12. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

104 riders? thats a good turnout

13. cck

cck Member

i still had a good time throughout the comp, but i was completely dissapointed with the pros. no offense but american pros suck. many pros were doing 3 foot ups to bash and practically none of them impressed me. however, graham (tryallamerica) in expert did all the ups uci stylin :props grenade: . we need uci so bad, so pros and experts are pushed to go to rubber, instead of goin to bash becasue its easier. we aint gonna get better that way.

14. WhiteRavenKS

jj was doing mini crotch rocket racing and promoting for a while. he did not ride at mo-show because of recent knee surgery i hear.

i would like to congratulate "marin murdy" for him riding in expert class, graham for seeing the truth behind us comps and out doing big names, andy listes for huge improvements (test of metal was not exactly him at his best, same with me), ed gildea for living up to huge potential, chris pitts for being a brave but very flaming skinsuit bearer, paul (megamo) for making it through some rough stuff recently, and ryan cecil for undoubtedly having a one of the most possitive attitudes despite the circumstances.

motorama sounds to me like the tip of an iceberg. lucky for me i didnt go and will be on the other side of the planet soon instead.

15. WhiteRavenKS

i would also like to say thanks cam for backing what i have been saying to peeps. im really glad that some people are in the same boat as me.

16. BrettM

BrettM New Member

we need uci so bad, so pros and experts are pushed to go to rubber, instead of goin to bash becasue its easier. we aint gonna get better that way.[/quote]

Not to get off topic but there are tons of people getting better by going to bash. There are also tons of people getting better by not using their bash. Just pick what you wanna do. I'm not saying uci rules aren't needed, I think they are, just not in place of biu ones.

Sorry to get off topic but I believe you can progress your riding while still using a bashguard. This is coming from me, I choose to ride with no bashguard moves in a comp or not.

17. WhiteRavenKS

seriously though, pros doing 3 foot ups to bash... i could care less what nats does with biu/uci rules crap because they dont really follow either anyways. i dont care how this event was run. im just glad some people got to see some solid evidence of just how far behind we are in north america.

18. cck

cck Member

but, in the pro level, you should not have to do 3 foot ups to bash.

damn, kevin, you beat me to it by 1 min.

19. [BMF]Andy

[BMF]Andy New Member

The pro sections were obviously not as hard as they need to be which you can tell by the fact that I finished with only 18 dabs in my first pro comp. I do feel like I have improved though and Brett saw me at probably my absolute worst on that day in Squamish. Chris was most definetely styling the Megamo skinsuit and making all the mototrials guys jealous. Dan Bowhers has plenty of video footage of Chris riding with it on and we are shooting for the front page of this site with Chris in all his glory, eating it off the spinning wheel.

Anyways it seemed there was the usual good amount of disorganization. I know inparticular that Sport Stock had some really long lines. I have to thank Bill and Pete though for letting me ride in the afternoon after I missed the Pro Stock comp when they rode in the morning. As a couple people have said already Motorama is more about going to hang out with the most amount of trials riders you have ever seen rather than going to ride some super cool sections.

As far as being dissapointed with the pros I would have to say that I am dissapointed with them too even though I rode in that class. The sections were apparently set with some pretty difficult moves before the comp started but some of the pros got together and complained about it and in return the difficulty was lowered. I was out running around town trying to fix my bike while this was happening but thats what I have heard.

Also Ryan Cecil absoultely whooped up in Pro Mod but Mike Steidly whooped up just as much in Pro Stock. As far as expert being really hard they essentially rode the same sections as pro but with a few of the hardest parts taken out. I did not however ride them myself so for all I know there was some tricky stuff in them too that I didnt know about.

Overall I had a good time even amongst the dust, motorcycles, and constant confusion. Its just not everday you can turn in all directions and see 20 trials riders going at it.