inner/ outer bash guard

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by dangle7, Sep 9, 2004.

1. dangle7

dangle7 New Member

hey all, just wondering about your opinion on bashguards. i'm building a woodman elite, and at the moment am planning on running an inner, outer, medium chainring setup, as it's more of an urban/ park bike and i don't need the bashguard for getting up stuff. the other day when i was imagining eiding my incomplete bike in my basement, i noticed that the inner bashguard looks like it would rub like a mother on my frame. i'm planning on using a 113mm bb. any suggestions on front end set up

2. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I'm kinda thrown off by your post. Could you elaborate a little I'm unsure what you mean by inner, outer, and middle . Do you mean running three chainrings?? Or do you mean running two bashrings, and a single chainring? Or last but not least, are you talking about running two chainrings and a single bashring?

3. dangle7

dangle7 New Member

i mean take an ordinary dh crank set up, outer bash, middle chainring, inner smaller chainring, then replace the inner with an inside bash guard by envy so it's kinda like a ghain guide, no front derailleur

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member

it's going to be hard to it all of that on a regular BB withot having a horrible chainline. Have you looked into the MRP system with the stationary inner plate?? The inner plate is actually fixed to the seat tube via the bottom bracket and the boomerang piece. It's also slightly adjustable so you can run a semi-normal length axle in your BB. I'm assuming that your goingto be doing mostly street riding with this set-up, so ground clearance shouldn't be an issue. I hope you get it sorted out!

5. dangle7

dangle7 New Member

i want enough clearance to up things, but also enough bash to grind, i don't need a big one, any other suggestions>?

6. bwagner

bwagner New Member

I'd e-mail E-thirteen about thier new setup. I'm hearing that it's not readily available, but the more e-mails about it they get, the sooner it'll be ready for the public. The sad thing is that bikes are so user specific these days it's hard to build a "do-it-all" bike. The E-13 guide is pretty big, but it definately holds up to grinding and the harsh street stuff very well. I've also heard nothing but great opinions on it's chain holding efficiency. Good luck buddy.

7. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

if your running a 32t tooth and have a 32t max bash thats thin on the inside, it works, thats how my buddys elite is....

8. dangle7

dangle7 New Member

did your buddy have to do any modificatons? ie grinding it down or it all just worked?