Indy Riders?

Discussion in 'Midwest, USA' started by sammy, Jul 16, 2004.

1. sammy

sammy New Member

Any trials riders in the Indy area?

Indiana sam

2. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I am 60mins away from Indy. Mike Melchoir lives somewhere in Indy itself. You cam PM me to ask for his AIM alias.

3. sammy

sammy New Member

Hey Roman, was this Mike guy at are Warsaw event? Back in May.

If you ever get the chance buzz up here to my grounds for a practice session I'm 30 min. north of where you attended that event at Warsaw. I gaurantee some fun sections and lots of food and a place to crash.

sam

4. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

It was another Mike. Can you PM me the directions to your place? I just might take you up on the offer. It be cool to also organize a ride in the badlands.

5. sammy

sammy New Member

Roman, Here is the deal!
    Next Saturday I have a friend coming up from Indy to ride bike trials and motorcycle trials. Also other people may show up with motorcycles that are from far off to camp over then on Sunday we are having a motorcycle trials event less than 20 min. away at noon, in Ligonier Indiana. There will be like 70 motorcycle trials riders at this event.
    If you would like to ride on Saturday and then stay over and be a checker on Sunday you are more than welcomed.

sam

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

damn it. I wish I could go. I have a PhD qualifying exam on Monday so I have to stay here and study.

7. sammy

sammy New Member

Thats cool! We will need to hook up at the Badlands, I would really like to ride there anyhow.
    I'm interested in one of those BT's later this fall, let us know when the next batch comes in.

Good luck with your exams!

sam

8. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Thanks about the exams. I should be able to ride in the badlands this week or next week. Just give me a heads up so that I can schedule it.

9. blake

blake Guest

what are the "badlands"?

whats up trialsin fools...

so, roman i assume you live in lafayette then and are a grad student at purdue? I live in southern illinois but my grandparents were both professors at purdue, so i have spent a fair share of time around central indiana. my questions is, what are the badlands? never heard of such place, but it sounds like there is good riding there... Anyway, i am in lafayette from time to time (assuming that my hunch is correct) and would like to ride with some people there if possible. I am pretty familiar with the terrain, but always like to meet more trials riders. Let me know whats up, im thinking about a trip up north maybe towards the middle of august.

10. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Yeah, your guess about me is correct. These are the pictures of the badlands by the way. https://www.observedtrials.net/album/showgallery.php?cat=549 The place is in Attica, IN (40mins away from Lafayette). Just give me a heads up when you want to come over and I will check my schedule. (i will be gone Aug10 through Aug18). Also Duncan (local Pro) is going to be in the area as well towards the end of August.