Indianapolis Ride

Discussion in 'Midwest, USA' started by two8616, Oct 23, 2004.

1. two8616

two8616 Guest

Anyone want to come ride in Indianapolis? I got an apartment in the city and there's some pretty good urban stuff to ride. There's just no one around here who rides....

2. ilneff

ilneff New Member

I live in Warsaw about 2 or 2.5 hours north.
    We've got some okay stuff to ride.
    theres me and 2 or so other guys that ride seriously around here. then theres like 5 uni trials guys, there okay to ride with, 2 of them are super good.
    I work at trial house bike shop in winona lake, we've also got a awesome mtb trial over 10 miles of single track as well, that is if you ride xc.

3. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

We got some nice riding in Purdue as well. I could come up to Indy as well though.

4. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

Isaac! when are you coming back up to Chicago again! hows the desalvo treating you??

-Paul

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  5. two8616

two8616 Guest

Isaac, I've actually ridden with you before at Sam's House. I am the mototrials rider who has the Brisa. anyway, anyone is welcome to come to Indy to ride and stay with me anytime. The Purdue riding sounds good too, let's try to arrange a weekend within the next month or so.

6. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I should be able to do it this weekend Purdue or Indy

7. two8616

two8616 Guest

If you come this weekend, I'm may be out of town on sunday day, but we could ride friday or saturday. I don't have any classes friday if that works for you. You're welcome to stay at my apartment fri. or saturday night. Let me know OR....I may be able to go to Purdue on Sunday but that's a very slim chance...

8. two8616

two8616 Guest

ahhh, sorry about this, but the only day I'll be able to ride this weekend is tomorrow- friday. I bought a new truck and need to pick that up on saturday, then I have to work on sunday. So unless someone's game for riding friday- it doesn't look like it'll happen this weekend. How about the weekend of Nov. 12th? I'm open on friday or saturday of that weekend. let me know.

9. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

What kind of stuff is there to ride and what is the weather like for Indy tomorrow?

10. two8616

two8616 Guest

Looks like rain for tomorrow- the stuff to ride here is all urban. Mostly big limestone square chunks. There are some big natural rocks too, plenty of railings (I'm not that good yet though). If you want to come feel free to just give me a call. My cell is 317-213-9836. If you can't make it tomorrow, don't worry, I'll definitely be up for riding more in the future.

11. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Lets try to plan for next weekend then.

12. two8616

two8616 Guest

ohhh, sorry- this next weekend won't work for me- I have a mototrials event. If you want to come to that you can- but I wouldn't suggest it b/c there's really nothing to ride a bike on there. The next weekend however, Nov. 12 and 13th would be a great time to come. I'll be open all day both of those days and there's alot of people staying at my apartment already for a get-together. If you're interested, let me know.

13. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I think we will skip the party mainly because there is jsut way too much stuff to be done. Where do you want to meet tomorrow? Can you send directions? I'll be comign from 65 North going South to Indy.

14. two8616

two8616 Guest

ok here's directions:
    65 South to 70 west
    get off on the West St. Exit
    turn right onto west st.
    follow west st. to New York St.
    turn right on New York
    turn left at the first light onto senate
    merge left at the next light onto Indiana Ave.
    call my cell phone after parking on Indiana Ave.
    317-213-9836

15. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Are we then going to head back towards dowtown Indy after your place? If so then we can try to meet somewhere there

16. ilneff

ilneff New Member

I'd love to try to get a ride together somewhere.
    I didn't get to ride trials much this summer, I broke my arm in may and didn't get my cast off till aug. but lately I've been riding a lot. all racing over now so it's only trials!
    I cracked the deslavo a few weeks ago, right infront of the brake boss. I think he's going to make me a new frame. I'm riding a PX right now.
    let me know if you want to ride in chicago some time

17. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I want to hit up badlands before it gets too cold. Let me know if that intersts you. I will consider the Chicago ride as well after the Thanksgiving week. Indy has a decent amount of stuff to ride, too bad my cassette explosion ended the ride prematurely.

18. ilneff

ilneff New Member

I'm up for bad lands, I've always wanted to ride there. give me a date. I'm open. sundays work best. (I work at a bike shop) or even durring the week. I know another guy who would brobably like to ride as well (Sam) I'll ask him when it works for him.
    This week end maybe?
    let me know.

19. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

This Sunday should work for me.

20. ilneff

ilneff New Member

okay sunday should work for me too.
    I'll let you know for sure some time today.
    give me a call if any thing changes. (575)238-3715. thats my cell.
    you want to meet at like noon?