Impreza: New headlighst VS old headlights

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by uownme, Mar 20, 2004.

1. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

I hate the new headlights. Older style JDM headlights fucking own the new ones. Thats the only thing that makes me hate the STI. Makes me not even want one.....

2. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

i think that the new ones look ok. the GDA body with the bug eyes grew on me but nothing compares to the GC8 body like my previous car.

[​IMG]

best looking rally car ever.

3. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I deffinately agree with you on that Hell_Boy.

But the bug eye headlights of the newest version were okay but they had some killer after market lights for that version, ( one of many kinds, so i'll try to find a pick).
    The newest 2004 Impreza is a dissapointement to me, looks wise. The STI, has ugly headlights, four doors,wing(what is up with that it is huge and deformed), and last but not least that huge hood skoop, it loogs like a fog horn.
    I did not think all this untill I saw one in person at the auto show.

It's one sick driving car though.

4. uownme

hell_boy, you are right nothing compares to that look...

Is the STI loud as in road noise? WAter hitting the wells?

5. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I've been in a WRX and it was not loud at all. well compared to my Sentra V-Spec anyway.

6. uownme

you mean STI? I have been in a wrx and it wasnt bad, but I thought STI had less sound deadening material. Could be totally wrong.

7. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I'm sure it's not much different. Why are you asking this queation.

8. uownme

Thinking about a new car....
    and I can't stand when you are on the inside and its loud as hell with road noise and all that shit. Any rattling also?

ie-my rx7 was fucking loud on the inside and made me hate it.

I should just go ask a car forum....

9. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I would get a car with better quality like german stuff. They don't have noisy cabins. Ever consider like a 3 series BMW .Plus the Subaru is kind of ugly anyway.

I sat in the STI and the seats feal really big and wide for a skinny guy like me.

Do you like the new Evo?

10. uownme

I have never seen a EVO in person but in pictures I hate the boxy-ness of it. I should check them out...

Pretty much all my parents drive are BMWs. They are really nice, but I would rather have something with a little more go.

I need to go just test-drive cars..

11. Fast Fashion

The STi is not lout at all really. I am a Subaru fan, but given the two options i might go for the Evo. I have driven both and i prefer the steering feel of the Evo. The STi is so fast it makes you giggle though.

As far as BMW having better quality... depends on what you consider quality. Subaru's don't break, and BMW's don't squeek. BMW doesn't come close to the same preformance for the price either. I'm a BMW fan too though.

12. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

i would get a old porsche 911..rear wheel drive..heheh i bet that could drift like a mofo

13. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

If your rich.. get a BMW M3.. They kick the ass off the wrx..
    But if you want alot of speed per dollar. Get Honda Civic Type R. Laugh all you want. But i actually beat the subaru on the show Top Gear in England. Despite the fact that it has less hp and it's FWD.
    Or even better. The Ford Focus RS. It beat the wrx bu 4-5 seconds around the top gear track.

Or like the ultimate street performance. The Nissan Skyline GT-R R34. But it's kinda expensive and hard to get. It'll kick the ass off all the previous cars combined though.

Maybe I've seen the fast and the furious too many times. The part about the civic and the ford focus is a FACT though. Just watch top gear I you don't believe me...

14. uownme

I wont ever drive a fwd.

fast and furious is gay to the max. and you saying you watched it more than once is even gayer

15. Fast Fashion

i have every episode of top gear on my computer... there has never been a Civic Type R vs. STi battle ever(maybe a standard WRX, but that's not even close to the STi in preformance). Futhermore, when they tested the Spec C STi against the GT3 Porsche and the M3 CSL, they liked the Spec C better than the M3. The Porsche was their fave, but it is a Porsche... the best cars evAr!

and front wheel drive is gay. there is no way around it, i don't care how many R's are in the name.

16. uownme

damn thats alot of gigs wasted on top gear..lol

17. Fast Fashion

indeed. I have every 5th gear episode as well.

18. Elan

Elan steve french

i like the new style lights more than any oterh style... i think that they all looked prety good, dolphin's car was rad, the bugeyed ones grew on me too though. but i have to say that, IMO, a white STi with the gold bbs is the best looking car i have ever seen. period. i know, im gay. oh well.

19. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Well I'm all for BMW's cause I drove the M5. New one.
    That thing was the beast of the east. The sound of that normaly aspirated V8 made me shiver life a leaf. Not to mention the acceleration of 400 hp.
    That really solid feal that comes with all BMW's is what I mean by quality.
    That one ride won me over to BMW's, but can you blame me?????

I would go BMW. even if oyu get a normal 2 door three series, when you lower it and put big 18's it looks crazy.

20. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

It was impresa wrx(maybe not sti I don't know I think it had about 240 hp) vs. civic type R vs. Ford focus RS. The civic beat the impreza by about 1 sec. And the Focus beat the impreza by about 4-5 seconds. But yeah. I agree that FWD is kinda gay. I don't know which episode it was. But the episode was all about Ford RS cars. Hence they tested the new focus RS against civic and the impreza. I guess the impreza was too heavy. It would have beaten both of the other cars in a straight line.

And the M3 is about more than speed. It has comfort. As I've read the subaru is one of the least comfortable cars there is. But comparing the two is kinda stupid...

EDIT: Yes. I know I was the one who compared them. I'll blame it on the beers I had in me yesterday...