Observed Trials banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah it just came in and im like drooling(but kindof pissed off coz i have to wait til thursday to get it laced!! :werd: ) ... this will make the greatest wheel!! :D :D

hmmmm, hello!!

what the...???

keewwwel...

Chris King!

Classic!

hell yeah!

and i thik im going to love this...

yeah this too!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Elan said:
press fits last fine...aluminum drive works fine too. stfu
I gotta disagree, I have the steel free hub and sometimes my cassette gets stuck on because the steel has worn, I can't imagine what it what be like if it was aluminum.
And I've seen too many standard axels break, heavy duty axel w/ fun bolts is the only way to go.
Not to put down your hub sebLG, I know you're high right now just looking at that, and it's worth every penny you spent. But when it's time to send it in, spend a little extra dough and have it upgraded.

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
Regular axles are fine (in fact I would never buy an HD axle after my first one).

So are alum drive shells.

Gold is fine too.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah its alu drive shell, which will last fine with my king cog ... and also ive never been known to break an axle ever . haha ... nice . oh, just one thing, who knows anything about www.aibomb.com?? i ordered my king kog from there on the same day as my king and its isnt here .

·
Administrator
2,987 Posts
I'm guessing you mean airbomb.com, which is a high discount canadian bike parts warehouse. I've heard good and bad from them. I've heard of people receiving great service and parts on time, and I've heard the exact opposite. I would say I've probably heard more bad than good, but if its discount you're going for, some times you just take the bad with the good. I hope you see it soon though :).

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
airbomb.com sucks balls, i ordered somethign from there and it still hasnt come, they dont reply to emails either, never using them again.

·
Original power yuppie
628 Posts
oh, lemmeee build it, please!

Nice stuff. I posted picks on my new king hubs, but you got the rim to boot!

Its nice having quality stuff.
:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
MMM yummy,

i like both of those things but i dont like what i hear about the koxx rim untrueing easily so i got a DX32, anyone know whats the best drilling size for one becuase i want to drill it and does any one have a picture a drilled yellow DX32 becuase mine is yelllow and i am wondering what it is going to look like, and if you dont like drilling rims dont waste a post telling me not to!

silver king looks awesome!

pav

·
Administrator
2,987 Posts
I went ahead and stuck 1" holes in my DX32, but it is definitely the largest you could go without hitting into the structure of the rim near the sidewalls. I had about a hairs width of space to deal with to not hit that but I used a drill press so it was pretty easy really. If you have a hand drill, try 7/8" holes.

Bill

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh goddamn if airbomb.com sucks then that is fucked, coz the credit card bill is here, but not my kog :ugh: now im worried it had so better come or else i cant use my new king!! they replied to one of my e-mails, asking for my order number because i asked about my order status, and then i mailed back an they havnt replied for several days ... fuck im gonna e-mail them 50 times a day if i have to ... goddamn ... goddamngoddamngoddman . ok im a bit worked up goodbye .

·
Registered
266 Posts
I must be unlucky then, seems like nobody else breaks those axels.
Theo broke his and mine broke like two months later, so i thought it was a given.....oh well.
Andy, what was wrong with your HD axel?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.