I'm Out!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by giventofly, Jul 27, 2004.

1. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

this was supposed to be a quiet relaxing ride on the ol' XC bike.....A trip to the E.R. later....I'm out for 6 weeks!

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

bad luck man, what happened?

3. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Thats some shit! Sorry to hear about the bone breakage. Something tells me though that your so-called 'quiet relaxing ride on the ol' XC bike' was probably more like a dare session between you, the roofs of some buildings, and the ground.
    If you'd stuck to stamp collecting like I told you, you wouldnt be in this situation!
    Get well soon.

4. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

I was riding at this place called vulture's knob near cleveland. www.vulturesknob.com It was getting dark, and we decided to finish the course, rather than go to the car. On the second-to-last downhill, (called "good, Bad, Ugly) My rear end got tipped up on a riser, I rode about 50 feet on the front wheel, trying to shut it down, but there's this sharp off camber turn at the bottom that was all washed out with mud. My front wheel (under heavy braking) hits the mud...and I loose all traction. The first thing that hit was my left pinky..which digs into the soft mud, and snaps. Of course this was the lamest crash of the whole ride... and i break a finger....the no-injury crashes included falling 6 feet out of a tree bridge....and i was fine. Stupid mud.

It's a clean break, and it's not on a joint....so i'm sure it'll heal faster than if it were complicated by tendons or joints and whatnot.

5. Cole

Cole New Member

Just riding along...

6. Elan

Elan steve french

pinkys are bitches..i broke my pinky in the fifth grade and had to have surgery on it. a whole fucking arm cast for a broken pinky. people thought i was lying to them, they thought my arm was broken, i thought those people were dumb.

7. digby

digby New Member

at least you werent riding a beaver meadow.

vultures knob is a pretty good name though.

If you broke just your pinky, why is your entire forearm in a cast? I got a D in biology but I'd still think they d just wrap up your hand

8. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

Dan, that sucks...stick to your mod!!!! I knew all of your trips to the Knob were going to be your undoing....that's what you get for being an XC traitor! Hey, I didn't recognize you with that studly mustache!

9. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

Digby....that's an "insta-splint" from the local ER. They just immobilized me so the finger would stay put until I see a bone doctor.

Planetary1.....you think that's a change.....check me out here.....

www.realtyone.com/daniel.smith New job, new face, new bike....new me!

10. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

ha ha, looking pretty badda-bing in that pic! Maybe you can help me find a house when I move back to CLE...

done the sidewalk gap yet?

the sidewalk gap's big brother is here and I haven't made it yet, but I've seen it done...I hope to get me doing it on video soon...

11. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

I am physically capable of doing the sidewalk gap....but i still dont' have the balls. Maybe when My hand is better!

12. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

when are you moving back?

13. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

it's all aboout the balls baby!

moving back? Well, probably not for another 2 years...

14. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

well.....2 years isn't that much longer, really....you've already been gone almose a year already! When ya playing cleveland?!

15. giventofly

giventofly I like Hops

I just got a cd in the mail from the hospital containing x-ray pictures....i'll post them as soon as i figure out how to get them off the cd.....they are in a wierd format.