I'm going insane

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by steve_v, Oct 5, 2004.

1. steve_v

steve_v New Member

What started out as a fun little project (build a newbie trials bike) has gotten ugly. Much time has been spent looking at websites and wondering if 5mm. one way or another really makes a difference.

Anyway, I'm looking at a number of stock bar/stem combos but I'm not sure about the rise and length for the stem. Any ideas. I'm 6' and weigh 180 lbs, if that matters, the bike is a 1065mm wheelbase

2. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

90-115 with 7-15 rise sounds good

3. digby

digby New Member

I'm about your height weight(2 inches shorter) and my bike is a 1085. Ive got a 105x17 and it feels pretty good, good luck bunnyhoppping though.

4. Turtlehead

Turtlehead Guest

Digby doesn't know how to bunnyhop... don't listen to him... I saw him try to get up a curb one time... not a pretty sight... :wavey

5. digby

digby New Member

I used to be able to bunny hop, back when my bikes wheelbase was sub 1000 mm. I also used to be able to do a pretty mean endo.

6. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i'd go with a 110x10

7. manimal

manimal New Member

if its just a newbie bike then it shouldn't be that big of a deal, try something, if that feels horrid and you can't get used to it, then you know to try something different..

you could try many different combos.. but you'll never know till you buckle down and try something...

8. Elan

Elan steve french

try-all bar/stem. 110X15. best evers. i am 6'0 with 1077WB btw.

9. steve_v

steve_v New Member

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your patience with all of my questions. I've got a couple spare stems I can try out for now, 120mm x 15deg, and 90mm x 15 deg. I'm trying to use spare parts I have to see what works but its much more fun to look at all the new stuff.