If youre cool, you jack up the same thing twice...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Sonic, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Same ankle I bent in knots at the Texarkana comp, jacked it again this weekend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :) :joshers:
    Mossy rocks make for great bail landing spots. :ugh2:

2. Tanner

Tanner New Member

how the hell do you people do that? honestly. I twisted my ankle over 20 times and its been FINE

3. Sonic

Dunno, Ive twisted it seriously more than a few times and been fine, it's the two times Ive folded it past 90 degrees is when it seems to do this painful thing. :p I dont have weak ankles, my two are pretty legit twists, and I could still ride on it today, I think this one just looks a lot more dramatic than it really is.

4. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

ive fallen hardcore on my wrist like 20 times, and one time i did a small bail, and it went snap! :eek:wned:

5. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

6. Sonic

:werd:

They are ugly, for some reason I have huge nasty toes, with a side-order of in-grown toe nails in the family. At least I keep 'em clean.

7. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

AHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH :eek:wned: :joshers:
    sorry, thats wut my foot looked like when i broke my ankle, just reminded me of me

8. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

"I feel your pain" Owee

9. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

ooooh that looks rather painful

10. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Damn, nice cankle Dustin, Dave did his real bad like that about a year ago, maybe more. You doing what you can to make sure it heals properly?

11. bigd

bigd Guest

nice cankle you're sportin there.

12. kamil

kamil Guest

that sucks dustin.
    however, it could be worse. like a broken fucking leg.. i alway imagine that would hurt. the ones i've seen in my soccer days looked painful.

13. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

DUDE YOU HAIRY LIKE YETI, OH WELL BACK TO HATING MYSELF

14. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

ouch. How long do you think it'll be before you ride again?

15. Sonic

Bill, yeah, Im taking care of it, Ive been here before and had it healed properly in less than 4 weeks or so, and this one is a lighter injury anyway.

Yes, hair runs in my fam Dan, I guess I prefer it distributed evenly across my body instead of one mop on my head. :D

And I was wrong, this isnt the same foot I injured at Texarkana, that was my right foot:

[​IMG]

I guess Ive just evened it out, now both will be uber-strong after healing properly. :sonic:

16. vince

vince Member

I feel your pain. Last september i rolled my ankle really bad. I didn't take care of it for a few days unfortunately. Mine at its peak didn't look as swollen as yours, but it was much more purple throughout my foot. My ankle is still messed up, aggravated it on the 2 rides i've been on. :?
    RICE if you didn't already know, rest/ice/compresion/elevation
    HARM-heat/alchohol/running/i can't remember :rolleyes:

I rolled mine warming up on a big group ride i drove 6 hrs to do. Was designated camera guy for the ride. No ice or bandage I figured i would get drunk before the drive home, didn't know it was bad for you. :ugh:
    Then i walked to class, went to work, went to doctor, and then finally i iced it that evening.

TIE YOUR SHOES PROPERLY :cool:

17. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

dude im feelin for ya.. ive done my left ankle in atleast 6 times now.. its one bad ass pain i tell ya. Just dont go n re injure ure self riding it too soon after its healed cos you'll end up doing it again. Ive had 4 months of nothing touch wood but its so much stiffer than my right ankle.

18. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Your ankle will continue to be weak as hell and will be susceptible to re-injury forever unless you do physical therapy to rebuild/re-strengthen the ligaments. After the first sprain, your chance for re-injury goes up dramatically..

19. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

then im screwed.. first time i did it was when i was 12 and ive been livin with it ever since

20. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I just rode in an ankle brace for over a year and dealt with the pain. Its fine now.