I WAS JUST IN A FUCKING RIOT

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by AndyT, Aug 22, 2004.

1. AndyT

AndyT New Member

i took 20 minutes of footage

shit was burned, stop signs, trees, everything. insane

i was tear gassed, and i got shot in the ass with ar ubber bullet.

oh noes.

2. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

and t hen you woke up :D

A little anecdote:
    a couple of months ago i drove into city to ride but when i wanted to drive back later, everything was blocked and shit, cops came out from everywhere.
    I had never seen so much police in my life,the streets were literally filled with cops wearing this special riot equipment.
    So i had to drive at walking speed through them and when i stopped at a traffic light i saw 2 fucking buses filled with cops driving by WTF. I didnt even know the police had buses.....Drug dealers must have been scared to death that day :rofl:
    The next day i found out people had protested against...i think it was globalization

It literally looked like this

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004

3. KyleT

KyleT Guest

YOU LEGEND. :bowdown: Whats it like being in a riot? I have always wanted to be in one. Especially with something like a rapid fire orange launcher...guaranteed laughs. Do rubber bullets hurt? Does tear gas actually make you cry or does it just hurt like hell? Do tell. BTW, where did this happen? I want to be notified of the next one :D

4. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

video. raw footage. no music. no no handerd disasters.

5. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

andrew probably tried to sell "burned cat" snuff videos to the cops " Yo dude this tape is teh shitzzn!!!"

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Video coming soon, hopefully today.

Teargas makes you want to puke and have your eyes burn out. Like 20 minutes after it all happened I opened up my window (the riot was centered around 30 feet from my apartment) you could hear people still choking on it. I was up in a balcony trying to get a good shot of the action, all of a sudden lights and all kinds of crap went down and people were shooting at me. I got hit in the ass as I did a 60m dash down the stairs and to my home. Rubber bullets aren't that bad, I have a welt on my ass but if it hit me in the eye I would be dead.

edit: all the police did was yell "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE" and shoot at me. All these poor girls were like "we live here!!" as they were shooting shit at them. The rubber bullets were out of shotguns.

7. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Those pigs make me think we are living in the world Mr. Orwell so acurately prophecised.Eeek!

Where the hell are you Andrew??

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I'm in fort collins.

9. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

i lived in fort collins for six months when i was 5. that is hardcore.

10. manimal

manimal New Member

I was in a riot in 2001 .. crazy..

I'd much rather be teargassed than peppersprayed, tear gas goes away after a few mins, pepperspray stays with you for a long time .. saw a guy get his neck snapped from a rubber bullet..

not really my idea of fun so much.. but at the time it was "interesting"

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

12. B1105

B1105 New Member

nice riot,

is fort collins near denver or boulder by chance? i was about to sell this guy one of my frames, but on a group ride, he got beatup by some frat boys and basically needs to keep his present frame for the trial

off topic, but i figured id ask

13. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

yay its fun to destroy your own city....and eventually paying for everything with your taxes!!!

people are stupid

14. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I've been in the 2001/2002 riots in UMD after basketball games. Getting charged by police on horses kinda sucks. Also that's where I saw the police buses for the first time. The police there had paintball looking guns that shot pepper spray. Good times.

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I couldn't understand that paragraph. FTC is 45 mins from both boulder and denver.

16. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

roman,

you were at teh maryland riots? thats awesome

17. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

that was crrraazzzziiieeee. that fat guy was an ass.

18. ty

ty Guest

my roommate got gassed 2x this weekend at both the riots....now that is a good story

19. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Yeah those were fun times. Each time I would get surprised how a large bonfire would occur from just small random things that people snag along the way to the riots.

20. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Ah riots, the good ole college daze!

I got caught in the roit in '95 when UCLA won the NCAA Basketball Championship. It was all fun and games until the cops came rushing in with riot shields and rubber bullets. Then again I live in So Cal where most jackasses with burn and destroy proprty for any old reason.

God Americans can be so damn stupid sometimes!