I want to try a mod

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by nidoss, Sep 13, 2004.

1. nidoss

nidoss Guest

hey guys, Ive been thinking that id like to try a mod and compare it to my zebdi.

in your guys' all knowing opinion which mod should i get? echo team, zoo python, monty 220 hydra(its only 625 bucks at webcyclery). any other ones that are good? i dont really want to spend over 1K.

I know this is totally a personal opinion but what are your guys' opinions about going from a stock zebdi to a mod?

thanks in advance.

scott

2. Ross

Ross New Member

3. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Yep, TEAM, or maybe the Python. I've seen a few of those up close and they look pretty nice. Those two will have the longer wheelbase to make the transition from stock to mod a little easier to swallow.

4. nidoss

nidoss Guest

cool thanks, i was leaning toward the team, but dont really want a polished silver bike =) hahaha. the only real reason i was looking at the monty hydra was the price.

5. B1105

B1105 New Member

I have a Zebdi and recently bought a Echo Team long. I wanted to try mod mainly as an alterantive to stock. It was fun when I first got it, but I think I still appreciate stock better. Mod is fun to ride though. I may consider selling mine in the next couple months, so I could prob give you a good deal.

6. nidoss

nidoss Guest

If you do decide to sell it, let me know. Im not sure when ill get a mod, maybe soon, maybe not for a long while.

7. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Go for the planet X mod, or maybe not.

Ok, Team is the go I think.

8. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

I went from a Zebdi to a mod (monty x-lite) about a month ago and like the new bike quite a bit. You cant decide till you actually try one, and one like B1105's would be a killer place to start. Do it!

:)

9. nidoss

nidoss Guest

haha thanks danebrammage, Ive been thinking about this for a while, but it hasnt been until the last two weeks or so where ive been seriously thinking about it, and right now im at the point where i want to do but im just trying to talk myself into spending that much money.

10. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

If I were trying not to spend that much money I would spend half what a new mod would cost and just get a brand new stock frame and maybe some new parts. I just got a new levelboss from my brisa and it feels like a completely new bike and I like it alot. You could get a modish feeling stock like I bet the BT probably feels like (Im just guessing because of the really short chainstays and high BB, i havn't ridden one) but if you still want a mod I'd go with Team or Python those are two excellent choices for a great price.

Edit: oh ya and a new BT frame would be much less than half of a new mod.

11. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Yeah well, the mod is going to feel a lot different under your feet. If you are anything like me you will try a mod and after a week or two you'll have a strong gut feeling about which size bike fits best into your trials ideas and trials destiny.

As for the money.. theres a sales pitch Gibson used to use to sell guitars: 'Save money and buy your second guitar first.' (meaning: buy a quality thing right off the bat and you wont be nagging yourself to upgrade later.) My Monty X-Lite is that way to me. Tons of great riders rode them and so who am I to complain. Even so, I like the mod over the Zebdi enough that I actually wish now that I'd spent MORE money on a mod and gotten a truly astounding newer one instead of a few years old Monty. But thats just my american consumerism talking. I'm really happy with the x-lite. You got lots of choices dude! Tell us what you decide on.

B1105's bike sounds pretty damn good (wheelbase is probably even longer than the PX's, etc.)

12. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

Dont make the move from stock to mod, you'll only end up going back to your stock, mod's are like novel gifts, the novelty soon wears off, in my opinion.

13. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

team all the way if i had the maney id get one in a sec