I pulled a muscle

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by funkysensubean, Sep 22, 2004.

1. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

i dont know how to describe it but i think its like how you hurt your back when you dont bent at your knees when picking up a heavy object, but i did it on my bike. i was lurching, and i did a backhop. when i unweight the rear wheel to jump, i felt a weird "pop" in my back (middle back, off to the right). right now that spot hurts when i try to stand from sitting on my low saddle, or when i touch my toes. it hurts alot when i do a forceful pedal for the pedal kick. basically if i curl my upper body. what could i do to speed up healing?

2. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Within 24 hrs, cold pack. After 24 hrs, heat it.

Definitely stretch as often as you can...if it gets worse, go see a doctor or preferably chiropractor.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

do nothing. use heat....

4. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

do i stretch so that i get the same "discomfort" in my back as if i trying to feel that "discomfort" you get in the back of your legs when you touch your toes?

5. Shorty2020

Shorty2020 Guest

u might have torn the muscle in ur back. i did it in my neck muscle once and i couldnt turn my neck to the left for about 4 days. i would say ice it and heat it for a day or two that helped me or even try sleeping on a hard surface like ur floor for a night and that might help

6. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

well i didnt do anything, but i think im gonna put a bag of ice in my shirt and lean against a chair while doing some work. what do i do for the heat?

7. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

There's heat packs you buy at a store, you pop it in the microwave or you can even freeze it to use cold packs. Motrin does wonders for muscles...if it still hurts after 2~3 days go see a doctor...

8. andrew85cm

andrew85cm Guest

Pulled Muscle

Generally for that type of injury, for future reference, you put ice on and off the first 24-48 hours. Do this in 15 min sessions a few times a day. This is mainly to stop swelling to the area which can be bad after the initial injury. Then after that use heat because heat increases the blood flow therefore helping the area to heal more quickly. If it hurts pretty bad see a doctor as advised before. You will probably be fine in a week or so usually stuff like that is just pulled but you could have torn it but that is less common. Just rest up.
    ~ANDREW~

9. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

Always stretch before riding. Even if you're not going to be do all those stretchs before riding, go through some basic riding moves at a lower magnitude, it might help.

10. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

Stretching is important, I contradicted my self here because I pulled my back a little yesterday. But after my back injury last year, I've stretched before most every ride and had no problems. Until now, I got lazy.