I practiced hooks today...

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by cck, May 5, 2004.

1. cck

cck Member

yay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i hear roger from brisa will warranty this type of breakage.
    any thoughts on the best fork to replace this?
    should i stick with brisa??

2. average mike

average mike Guest

wow. Big breakage there. This may sound stupid, but i think since the brisa lasted you a pretty long time and it is light, then i think you should stick with that.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

considering every fork they made in 2003 broke, and their company is going to the shitter...get something else.

4. average mike

average mike Guest

All of my beastly 115 pounds didnt break mine, so it has to be a good fork right?

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

thats funny, i have never seen a brisa fork do that before.... strange?

[​IMG]

fudge- trust me thats a picture of a broken fork, looks kind of like yours.

6. alexm

alexm Member

my machined steerer tube is still going strong on my koxx forxx after many a nasty hook and slap, maybe consider taking them to an engineer/machinist and get them to machine and drop a new steel steerer in. it will be heavier though so that may be an issue. i dont mind the weight of mine, i would have snapped many forks in the mean time so it was definately worth it for me at least.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alex

7. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Well done... Hopefully that didn't result in a nasty crash.

8. WhiteRavenKS

i dont see how you could possible get a new steerer in the brisa fork... seems to be a good solution for others though.

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

nice break, im just waiting for that to happen to my stupid kona fork

10. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

You would have to drill out the excess amount of the steerer. Or is it completely one peice, doesnt look like it.

11. WhiteRavenKS

the brisa forks have a one piece tube there. the legs are welded to the same piece that turns into the steerer. its not like other forks where two tubes are joined together. i guess you could still do it but... i wouldnt.

12. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

ive done the EXACT same thing to 2 of there forks, first one got covered, well see if the 2nd does

13. JK

JK New Member

That's the elite fork, right? My Pro fork has been fine so far (the one with the steel steerer tube). I really hope that's not the Pro one. Breaking a steerer tube and having my stem fly off is my biggest fear. I hope you are OK.

14. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

i know a dude who snapped the pro too. exactly the same spot.

15. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

I snapped the exact same fork in the exact same color in the exact same place as you. Can you get it warrantied? if so I would love to get mine warrantied.

-Paul

edit: here esta la pictura

[​IMG]

I guess not on the image front...I dont understand, I follow the rules and then nothing happens. by the way I am getting a set of king hubs through the shop for dirt cheeeeeeeeeep sweeeet

16. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

so is Brisa still around or are they just warrantying broken forks and then going out of business?

17. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

you need to replace the space in the link with a %20

ie https://www.observedtrials.net/otn/brisa fork.jpg

18. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

success! hydroman to the rescue. thank you much

19. WhiteRavenKS

if brisa replaced any of our forks i would probably just start crapping in my chair. the ones posted so far have been the elite. the pro forks are much better with the steel steerers but they have yet to prove themselves to me... i would rather ride a kniffen light and not worry about anything ever happening i guess.

20. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

I give 3 thumbs up for my ecko urban fork.It's probably the same as the pure and zoo.Maybe a longer rake? It's the longest I've ever had a fork last and I have been doing some rough hooks and nasty downward
    wedges slamming my full weight into it.Uber flexy but the ultra 6 supposedly has a better fatigue life. The Brisa seems like the best design
    and pretty trick looking .But it's pretty much unanamous that they SUCK!