I need a shim for monty stem...

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by Patrick, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Does anyone have a shim I can have for a Monty stem and Try-all handlebar?

2. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I have a monty 26" bar you can use until you get a new stem. If nobody has a shim.

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

thanks Mike, but I really hate riding with "narrow" bars. It feels awful IMO. I will figure something out...

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i know my shop will order those shims for you. no one will ever have them in stock. should take like a few days to get them in.

5. Patrick

Patrick New Member

nice, I didn't even know you could buy them. I was going to call a machinist friend in Dallas to see if he as any extras laying around. He made some for me a couple years ago.

what is your shop Kevin? Bicycle Werx in denver?

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

yeah, bicycle werx- they sell them in the bti catalog. the shop can order them in for you. i think they are like 10 bucks or something.

7. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Hey patrick I dont know if you got my message but I picked up a shim from blane for you. It was only $4 so its not a big deal if you already got one. Maybe we can catch up at a group ride in denver or something this week.

8. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I got your message Mike.. Just got back in town from riding in Vail. Thanks a bunch for picking that up.. I'm game for a ride any night this week, or you can mail it to me and I'll send you like $10. I'll call you and we'll figure it out

9. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I know that you just got back from riding dh but if you want mario and I are going to the bike park in castle rock tonight at like 5 or 6. Its only about 25 to 30 minutes from your house if you wanna come out.