Observed Trials banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually maybe I don't even know what exactly I need. I've got a Simtra with a Eno rear hub and ISIS cranks. Current bb measures 73mm wide, unsure of spindle length. Chainline is way off, I need to bring the chainring in quite a bit. Simtra specs say it was meant for a 68mm bb so I'm thinking 68x128 should do the trick? Help?

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not actually sure if a new bb is what I need, just know I need to get my chainring to move inward about 2-3mm towards the frame. I swapped out cogs recently and thats what threw things off. The old cog sat 2.5mm farther out from the frame. Now drivetrain is making lots of unnerving sounds when I pedal.

Current bb lockring says "Double bearing - 68/83/100 mm shell O ring - 73mm no O ring - will not bottom out on frame." Frame has a 68mm shell so bb is appropriate. But how to bring the chainring in? Does it look like theres a spacer or something on the driveside that I can remove to get that 2-3mm adjustment?

Vehicle Bicycle Light Motor vehicle Bicycle part

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it looks like I can remove a spacer from the drive side and that would bring the chainring exactly where I need it, but it also looks like I might not have much thread engagement on the non-drive side if I do that. I don't have tools to test this theory myself right now, but an old trials friend will be in town this weekend bringing things I need. Hopefully will have a new 68x128 bb installed before he leaves.

Then just a waiting game. Overdid it climbing and pissed off my shoulder, but I think I caught it soon enough that it should only take a couple weeks to rehab.

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a new Trialtech bb sitting here, should have it installed next weekend. Fingers crossed for no issues.

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Soon! Heading out to visit a friend tomorrow. Will use the weekend to get Simtra dialed and also maybe try to learn how to manual more than a bike length (he has a couple DJs and a nearby pump track).

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Classic OTN meetup weekend. Went to see Paul (DGM on here) in Bellingham, about 90min from Seattle. Worked on bikes. Rode bikes. Ate good food and had things to drink and smoke (there may have been a bong made out of a bicycle frame).

Stripped crankbolt took some work to get out.

Table Wood Automotive tire Hardwood Audio equipment

I only rock the latest and greatest ultralight space age polymers

Wheel Bicycle Tire Bicycle frame Crankset

Paul is a boss and got the new bb in, then hopped on a trials bike for his first time in years.

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle

Me too

Footwear Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Then we loaded things up and went to the pump track

Sky Plant Building Window Cloud

Paul being rad

Bicycle Tire Wheel Building Sky

Sky Cloud Building Road surface Asphalt
Bicycle Tire Wheel Sky Building

Unfinished skills area near beer garden was a perfect play area for a couple of old guys

Sky Building Asphalt Road surface Wood

Bicycle Wheel Tire Land vehicle Tableware

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me slaying beginner lines. Work hard kids and you can be this good when you're 39 years old.

(more broken video)

·
Super Moderator
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This shredder broke 15 vertebrate a few years ago and wasn't sure if he'd ever walk again.

(more broken video)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts