Observed Trials banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i painted the rotor and fork with Krylon flat black. Light sanding, alcohol, primer, paint.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
it's a shimano sora derailler. no barrel adjuster and no shifter.

i don't know if the rim is supposed to have this much tension, but it hasn't failed yet in 2 small rides. It's stiff as hell, so i like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So U run a single speed..
and use a derailer...
Can U explain that to me... Just wondering... seeing as how there is the drop down place holder for bikes now that is just a bar and roller so U don't have all that extra stuff...
Eric aka...Red

·
DualDisc 26"
1,136 Posts
yea cause nobody else runs single speed with derailleurs. :rolleyes: pft.

all the tensioners are bad. the springs break. and they cost way more than they should. derailleurs are cheap and they have massive spring tension that doesnt get weak.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
all you have to do is adjust the limit screws on the derailer. set it to what gear you want and your done. depending on the gear you may have to make trip to the hardware store to get a longer screw.

·
Steffen L.T.
743 Posts
hell_boy said:
all you have to do is adjust the limit screws on the derailer. set it to what gear you want and your done. depending on the gear you may have to make trip to the hardware store to get a longer screw.
Really!? I was planning on running a short cable with a stopper on the end, but your way sounds alot better. I'm looking at my sora right now and see a few different screws, which one is it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
hell_boy said:
geniuses do this.

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
it's never a problem if you dont land on your deraillure :bigthumb:

super freak geniousez use pimp ass tensioners like rohloff ones not that shat ass singulator style piles.

·
From your head to your fists
4,253 Posts
derailier
derailiur
deraillure
derailer
derailleur
derraileur
derailler

bwahahaha, look at all the different spellings on this page. i'm pretty sure the right spelling is derailleur, go roman r :rofl:

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Bloodhound said:
hell_boy said:
Really!? I was planning on running a short cable with a stopper on the end, but your way sounds alot better. I'm looking at my sora right now and see a few different screws, which one is it?

Thanks
it's the two screws on the back of the derailler. One is high limit one is low. You basically just want to set them so the derailler can't move up or down. It will stay in one gear. Good luck. You will like it a lot if you get it working. :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts