Observed Trials banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new try-all rim built up. Maxxed out the tensionometer thing. It's one stiff wheel. and it's GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDD.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chainstay protector is the one that comes on Koxx frames. I thought it looked stupid so i painted it black. Now it looks cool.

The rim is pretty strong. Just have to get a really good build. The first one i had flat spotted fairly easily, but the material on this one seems a bit harder so we shall see.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chain is a Rohloff... the best chain ever made. strength of a bmx chain with the weight of a roadie chain.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update from boredom. Painted my fork finally, and my brake rotor. The fork is a Surly. It works fine i guess. I got it for like $50 so i don't care really. I took the decals off too.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i painted the rotor and fork with Krylon flat black. Light sanding, alcohol, primer, paint.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
it's a shimano sora derailler. no barrel adjuster and no shifter.

i don't know if the rim is supposed to have this much tension, but it hasn't failed yet in 2 small rides. It's stiff as hell, so i like it.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
all you have to do is adjust the limit screws on the derailer. set it to what gear you want and your done. depending on the gear you may have to make trip to the hardware store to get a longer screw.

·
Youth in Asia?
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Bloodhound said:
hell_boy said:
all you have to do is adjust the limit screws on the derailer. set it to what gear you want and your done. depending on the gear you may have to make trip to the hardware store to get a longer screw.
Really!? I was planning on running a short cable with a stopper on the end, but your way sounds alot better. I'm looking at my sora right now and see a few different screws, which one is it?

Thanks
it's the two screws on the back of the derailler. One is high limit one is low. You basically just want to set them so the derailler can't move up or down. It will stay in one gear. Good luck. You will like it a lot if you get it working. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts