I cracked my frame today!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by offroad84chevy, Aug 10, 2004.

1. offroad84chevy

offroad84chevy Member

so i cracked the thing today. Have a GT team Trials i thought it would be a good first bike but i guess it was too thin or not for the beginner. Well what should i do now anyone got a frame or should i sell everything to get a echo or somthing. what would you guys do. Ian

2. B1105

B1105 New Member

if you get an echo make sure you have some threadlock for the nipples, thats is all i will say

3. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

nipples? frames? did i miss sumthing?

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

oh my bad, i got a full echo, and my wheels/nippls come loose every 2 minutes, sorry i waskinda hazy/out of it when i posted that

5. dahouse

dahouse Guest

Yeah, Echo wheel builds really suck ass. I kept on braking spokes on my mod wheel build. The first upgrade you should do to any echo mod is a wheel rebuild with new spokes.

6. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

Depends on what parts you have... I would just get a new frame if you have decent parts. Tell us what parts you have!

That reminds me, While I was waiting to get a pure I didn't have anything to ride because my monty's brake lever was broken so I rode my crappy XC bike with a hs22 on the rear. Anyways, I broke the chainstay on it. The right chainstay close to the dropout, clean cut broken. lol!

7. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

That sucks...I broke two frames in the past but it was manufacturer defect.

8. offroad84chevy

offroad84chevy Member

I got some late probaly hs 11s with no booster and a diverter thing in the back. The brake has sliped everytime no matter what i do and everything is just not that good.

9. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

ian youve just got really old hs33's. and black pads. so its gonna be crap no matter what. but i can set you up with a front one that you can convert to rear but it will take some $$'s. once my monty is welded i can probably sell you that too...hell pretty much everything i have i can sell you once i get/while im in the process of building my new bike.

10. offroad84chevy

offroad84chevy Member

Well i decided to get the frame welded cause my dad knows a relly good welder. But i guess i wont do anything big on it so it wont break again. You should see where it broke its crazy. i should have got that monty for 525. o well