Observed Trials banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go back to HS33's on my Orange Zero (I had been running a rear disc, but was starting to go bigger and feared breaking my frame). Problem is that I'm running an echo tr rim on the back. With my frame, it seems that this rim is too wide for me to run the HS33's. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to change my rear wheel, but I really want to run my HS33's.
Thanks a ton in advance!

·
Adapt, evolve, survive.
5,023 Posts
I have been running Alex DX-32's for a while after I crumpled my last Tryall and the extra slave cylinder clearance is noticeable.

Try rebuilding your wheel with one of those. Double check the ERD of the current rim and if it's close enough you can perform a rim swap with the same lacing.

Or what Mitch just said.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I ended up mounting them with the original adapters (the ones with the little tabs that rest against the frame) and there is way more clearance. The only problem is that on one side of the rim has a bunch of clearance and the other side has zero. Can I dish my wheel over to one side to equal the clearance? I was also wondering if I could run a 4-bolt booster to increase power since the evo2 adapters don't work.
Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
maybe u can tune the wheel to center your frame, and a 2 bolt booster is the only thing u can fit with those mounts u are using now.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I don't know how you can even fit a tire in that frame with that rim, let alone making a brake work. I couldn't even use a 2.5 Maxxis High Roller on a Rhino Lite rim without it rubbing. A DX 32 with a 2.35 tire might be your best bet... and with Evo mounts... well, even with a booster it's going to be bad. I would just buy a v-brake and be done with it...

·
Check out my new pop-n-lock routine!
755 Posts
I don't know how you can even fit a tire in that frame with that rim, let alone making a brake work. I couldn't even use a 2.5 Maxxis High Roller on a Rhino Lite rim without it rubbing. A DX 32 with a 2.35 tire might be your best bet... and with Evo mounts... well, even with a booster it's going to be bad. I would just buy a v-brake and be done with it...
ditto.

EVO doesn't fit anything. Go V

·
Adapt, evolve, survive.
5,023 Posts
Pics?

I reversed my EVO adapters to get more clearance back when I was running them.

But yea, if you have canti mounts why not just run V's? Other than the superior feeling of Magura,.. :hsugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the relplies.
I dished the wheel to shift the rim over a bit, and the brake works amazingly well now! You're right about tire clearance on this frame, it sucks. I'm running a 2.2 tire and is sooo close to rubbing, but feels good. So with this setup what kind on brake booster can I run? I can't run a 4-bolt? Why? The brake has bite, but is just a little squishy due to flex, so I want to get the best booster possible.

·
Adapt, evolve, survive.
5,023 Posts
I have a few boosters that work well for EVO. I'll take pics and whatnot later...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts