Observed Trials banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
the coustelliers just eat pasta all day...nothing has any bearing on your skills aside from riding (to a point).

Famous saying by someone I don't know:
If you want to be good at something do it over and over...you want to be good at doing push ups, do push ups. You want to be good at taps, do taps. 4-5 hours a day every day. Let me know how that works out.

·
Registered
512 Posts
"Amateurs practice until they get it right.

Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
Source: Ford truck commercial

Believe that.

Recognize!

·
Registered
67 Posts
i ride mods now...are taps a stock thing or will it benifit me too. i dont really want to try it if my face is going to hit the wall lol also if i will help me is it a dif technique.
mike

·
Registered
182 Posts
i ride mods now...are taps a stock thing or will it benifit me too. i dont really want to try it if my face is going to hit the wall lol also if i will help me is it a dif technique.
mike
I recently switched to a mod too. I'm strarting to find that if the wall is vertical, pedal up, but if it slopes slightly, tap. Someone might want to correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment this theory seems to be working for me.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
I recently switched to a mod too. I'm strarting to find that if the wall is vertical, pedal up, but if it slopes slightly, tap. Someone might want to correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment this theory seems to be working for me.

you can do taps on mods, definitely a different feeling than on a stock, and its a lot easier to stuff the front wheel into the wall. if you get the technique down, its just a beneficial to tap on a mod as it is on a stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
dont try any of this with a dt onyx hub, ive lost 8 spokes so far.
i wish my job let me ride every day
lance u gotta come check out palmbeach inlet someday,
killer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The trouble I'm having is not maintaining momentum. I stall and can't throw my seight up. I guess it is the position I land in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't get my head round proper taps. However, I can bunnyhop tap. Seems so much easier to me. Its not as sketchy as it sounds. I can tap as high as most people around here using the technique. Obviously sucks when you have no run up though.

Am I alone in using this technique?

·
Registered
931 Posts
When I started, I learnt japslap before any tap and "climbing". When I wanted to learn tap, I did something which is very similar to a japslap, just with a little tap. (straight arms; stopped pedaling before the front wheel reach the wall).

I think your technique is similar.

Now I found this move useful at higher (> 110 cm) obstacles.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts