How often do you ride

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by B1105, Aug 27, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

I've always kinda wondered how often people ride. I live in an area where there are no trials riders, so don't really have a frame of reference. Do you guys ride like every day? if so, for how long and such? im curious and bored

2. unlimits

unlimits New Member

I'm a beginner and I only practice about 20-25 minutes (and not all the days because I have exams and also I get tired because I don't make well the moves yet) I improving very slowly and I wish after the exams I could practice more and to learn how to do new movements...

3. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

I try to go at least 3 times a week (weather permitting). When I do go, I ride/practice for at least 1.5 to 2 hours. I improved quite a bit by upgrading from a regular mountain bike to an actual trials bike. :bigthumb:

4. Loner

Loner Guest

Recently, being unemployed and uninjured, I have been riding 2-3 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I rest when I'm hurting too much, if I'm riding poorly or if the weather sucks.

5. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I usually ride everyday, take a day break every so often. Ride for a couple hours, say 1-2, but in spurts, so 1-2 now, break for an hour, ride another 1-2...bah...I haven't ridden for like the past 2 weeks cause of this hub issue, and now that it's fixed, it's a damn derailleur issue....damn gears....

6. AndyT

AndyT New Member

uhh when I started... 2-3 hours every day, I took one day off. That was for ~2-3 years.

7. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i try to get in at least 1/2 an hour every day, somtimes up to 3.

8. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

One to two hours almost every day. People will see I'm alot better at Kernville!
    I also practice only before dust, its hot here. All the time.

9. oicdn

oicdn Guest

^^^hahaha, I hear that one...it's hot here...all day and night...it's just not as hot at night.....

10. Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx Guest

I used to ride a 2-3 times a week, couple hours each. Then I crashed and screwed up my thumb back in early May. Took a couple months off, and have only ridden 4-5 times since early July. Aside from trackstanding in the living room, I don't think I've done a ride in August.

11. Norco_125

Norco_125 Guest

I ride for at least 20-30 min a day (most days), and i like to go out on the streets for a good long ride with my buddys for a good 4-8 hours.

12. atypical

atypical Guest

Every other night 1.5-2hrs. Same thing here, nobody to ride with- hot as fuck, break parts, it rains, hurt body, don't feel like it, busy with work, or baby...that about covers it?:dunno:

13. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

When ever I have time and I'm not busy hating my bike I try to ride. Some weeks every day others one day out of the week. If I'm riding by myself I ride for about 2 hours max but when im with other people riding usually 4-7 hours of ride time including riding between spots.

14. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

I try and ride 2 times a week, if I am lucky 3 times, working and having a wife really cuts in ridin time. If I am on break from teaching I can get 4 times a week in. I try and ride about 1.5 hours at a time. If I have someone to ride with I can go 4+ hours easy.

If you want to really improve on your small moves and balance, just ride consistantly, whether its everyday for 30mins, or 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time. Its the irregularity of my riding that hurts my improvement.

15. poutine

poutine Guest

2 hours every night way to hot these past days stupid humidity.

16. koxxman

koxxman New Member

4 times week ,week days i ride from 6pm to 11pm and on weekends its 5pm to 2am.All of this is 1 hour ride,30mins break everytime i ride.Alway ride with friend.

17. RT Wolf

RT Wolf Insanity Studios Inc.

Every night. Oh! you meant bikes, hm, that's usually a couple of times a week.

18. sickfish

sickfish Guest

i ride everyday, if im on my own i just practice for about 30-60 min, when im with others normaly all day!!

19. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

i havent ridden trials since the last NE event, but I ride street 5-6 times a week for at least an hour a day (sometimes up to 4 or 5 hours)

20. Ross

Ross New Member

i try to ride every day, usually 1-2 hours but I recently met some other people that ride so I will probably go on some longer rides now.