How much were your video camera's?

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by hophopsnap, Jun 16, 2004.

1. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

Hey,

I'd like to get into video shooting/movie making. Im going to ask for a video camera for my birthday but I wasnt sure what to ask for. I would like it pretty cheap but still not be all fuzzy and have a little zoom. How much did you guys spend on your cameras? If I do get this camera I will try to make videos alot. Im thinkin about VV Productions.

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

about 2000. the battery was like 300. the lens was like 750. all the extra shit was expensive when you add it all up.

spend about 500 or so on a canon dv camera and you will enjoy yourself so much with it you may just feel guilty.

3. hophopsnap

wow. im not looking into getting one of those sweet camera's with the plastic cover around the lens, like pro's use. im lookin at getting a cheap home video camera. going to use iMovie for it so I dont need it to complex. I guess I'll have to save and go check my pawn shops! :)

4. WhiteRavenKS

do ebay before pawn shops, online camera places unload old over overstock inventory on ebay for awesome deals
    you can find starter kits on there with a bunch of extra crap for chepare than the camera at a retail store.

5. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

What is the quality vs price for DV cams??? Is the $500 DV cam any good?

6. WhiteRavenKS

yeah, you wont hit much better until you spend around a grand. the next step beyond that is the three ccd stuff which can get pretty expensive though there are some cheaper 3ccd cameras coming out now- none of which i would want to buy- yet at least.

300-500 abotu the same. 500-800 about the same. you are better off payong about 5-600 and spending the more on stuff to use with your camera, lenses, tripod, filters, extra batteries, stuff like that. i have seen a $500 canon look sten times better than like an $800 jvc, etc. in the cheaper price ranges the canon's have much better lenses than almost everything else.

7. hophopsnap

i would like the tri-pod and extra batteries for longer run life. for example, could you set it up on a chair/tri-pod in your backyard facing your trials area with it plugged into a regular outlet? If you could do that, that would be awesome. Hmmm..only thing would be to pick between digital and VHS recording.

8. cck

cck Member

FREE: american express points=cannon optura 20

fisheye lense=30 bucks used

10 hour battery, bootlegged chinesse version = 20 bucks

i've probably spend less than 100 on all my camera goods

me very happy

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

is the canon optura nice?

10. hophopsnap

So what do you people recommend to get? Or just look around on Ebay and find something?

11. WhiteRavenKS

yes, again- look on ebay. the opturas are very nice for the money.