How many of you vote?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Debate' started by David Weyman, Aug 27, 2004.

1. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

I was just wondering if any of you guys vote, or do you have independent thoughts outside of trials discussions. Anyway, the deadline to register is coming soon. I hope you will vote. Lemme give you a hint......It's this simple. Bush=no future for our country and no natural areas left to ride. You think this right wing agenda will never affect you, but one day it will and you'll shit in your pants. Think about this...
    Republicans have the prez, the house, senate, congress, supreme court. We have no system of checks and balances any more. Watch out man, I've been in my 20's ridin' 24/7and not givin' a shit, but you will soon!

2. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Fuck yes I vote.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

i am voting, for al lteh good it does. pfft.

4. KenC

KenC Member

Yes, I vote. And David, I believe you're mistaken - it's the liberal environmental extremists who want to keep people out of the public lands. Afterterall, they are the ones saying how much damage bikes do to the environment. Not the republicans. Why do you think the snowmobilers, hunters, atv'ers, dirtbikers, etc. are behind Bush?

5. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

6. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i'm glad i don't have to vote in the US. what a shitty decision that would be.

7. B1105

B1105 New Member

I cant vote yet, one year and three months to go suckas

8. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

I love the old "right wing nazis" vs. "extremist liberals" lines. Its great to see that even on a trials forum the brainwashing on both sides permiates through. Its sad that people still dont see that there is VERY LITTLE difference between either party.

What REALLY counts is local and state elections in the US. We can have the greatest impact there with our votes. In case you were sleeping in your US Gov't class, remember that we elect our presidents using the ELECTORAL COLLAGE and not popular vote. Remember that the US was created based on a REPUCBLICAN(not party) form of government. Meaning electing representatives to make decisions, and not a pure DEMOCRATIC(not party) form of government, meaning we do not directly count the votes of people to determine the presidential election, we count electoral votes.

Man people need to stop relying on the "media" for all their political awareness and start thinking for themselves.

VOTE FOR YOURSELF and not for some lame tag llines, that "informed" conservatives or liberals are feeding you.

9. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Man I just fucking hate conservative right wing fucks.

10. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Funny, I think I hate left wing liberal fucks alittle more than I hate right wing conservative fucks.

And yes I do vote.

On second thought, I think I hates fucks in general!

11. Elan

Elan steve french

HERE IS MY PRAYER TO GOD ALMIGHTY, FOR HIS INTERVENTIONS

god, please prevent this thread, or any thread ever on OTN from becoming a political debate.

12. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Go bush! WOOO! GW in 2004!!!

13. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

:werd:

but im to widdle to vote.

14. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I'm not too keen on fucks either in general. Politicians eat dick, I like dick, dick sees Jane, Jane eats dick.

15. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

i hate you all...so much

16. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

"W"tf! in '04 You gotta be kidding me.

First off we need the enviro nazis to swing the balance back so we have fish, birds,
    and game .When thenazis want to restrict your outdoor activities to recreational treehugging ,then we vote back the other way.

GWB is the least qualified, most failure prone candidate as yet so far.Mr.Kerry has changed positions and been accused of not being solid on issues.As our great rightwing nazi of all time Strom Thurmond said "times have changed and I have changed with the times". If you fail to adapt your views as a politician to accommodate the greater good you ,and your royal subjects, face a bleak future.
    Military duty?? Well we know where Ws teeth were and whose tax dollars paid for the Xrays.
    Choice is a fundamental part of america.In china you do not have a choice in most cases, to have more than two children. If you don't believe in abortion,well it exists,and if you don't like them don't have one.Especcially all you dudes!
    And if you are in the middle class and considering a vote for W you are either
    clueless,unaware of a 2nd option ,or your TV only gets FOX.

Oh yeah ,a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush.

17. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

"left" and "right" wing parties both have their flaws, and their strengths. As Afrobot notes, if we had righties in all the time we'd have no fish, water or trees, with lefties in all the time we'd have a crap economy and a bucketload of debt. These opposing forces exist best in a balance, not only in the alternation of the top job, but in the balancing of all other levels of government. In the US at the moment it seems that all government agencies, state governments, courts etc are conservative, as well as the oval office. That be some bad shit for all the little yankees. In Australia all the state governments are labour (left) while the federal government is liberal (right). This means that the PM can't do too much domestic damage, which is nice, but he can (and has) tarnished our international relations to a very dangerous point, as well as effectively linking our economy permanently to that of the USA. He needs to be removed. If he's voted back in through whatever fear and smear campaign he utilises, he will be shot (not by me, but by someone. Don't get me wrong). The same goes for the US president. Time to go, democratically or not.

- Joel

18. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Yeah but with righties we got more debt now then we had with the previous lefties...

19. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Sure, and you're for more rights right?

oops, except for the 2nd amendment, right? Oh, and you want to take more money for me to give "free" healthcare to the poor, lame, and lazy, right?

All politicians suck, but you've got to go for the lesser of two evils. Personal opinion will sway who that is for each voter.

20. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

heres my 2 cents.

im voting for someone who wont tax unfairly, wont destroy nature, and is not hard headed. which basically means, i will vote for someone other than bush.

the way i see it, you should re-elect a president because he did a great job. as far as i know, (i know alot), bush does not deserve my vote.

unfortunetly though, im not a huge fan of the other candidate (kerry.) i do know that kerry hasnt killed people, supports fair tax cuts, rides bikes, and would help balance our current political system