How many gears do you use

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by stinkybastard, Dec 15, 2004.

1. stinkybastard

stinkybastard Guest

Im contemplating whether i should modify my rear cog for a few gears. How do you guys setup your rear cogs? this is more so to drop unnecessary weight and simplify my ride. this will be for a px tibo.
    Also how well does a 24tooth front ring benefit over a 22t

2. Peace

Peace pedocrab

1- fuck competition rules! they will change one day. no one enforces em anyway.
    Peace

3. digby

digby New Member

road cassette, smallest possible gear in front, except for a 16. thats a little too small.

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I have gears, I just cant change them. 22 tooth or smaller is the consensus for trials. Use the search function on the forum and you will come up with loads of info on different gearing for the front.

5. hello?

hello? Guest

i use the same gear for trials and another to ride places but the others dont work. i thought they did change the rules anyway. the nats thing??

6. lowside

lowside eh?

I have a ghost

I'll be running two cogs up front, a 22 and a 32, and one in the rear, an 18. An old derailleur just to tension it.

I'll be manually shifting the front in the event I actually have to pedal somewhere.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  7. Elan

Elan steve french

SS rear hub = one gear

8. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

9, a sora 22-12 i think -- thinking of maybe going to a ENO freewheel for a single speed... who knows ???

9. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

SS, 22 front 18 rear, sometimes 20 front 18 rear. As far as NATS rules, they're making ss legal for 2005, and at the beginning of this year my teammante and i were allowed to run ss in the Fontana series.