How long until my bike feels 'normal' again

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by xxxfr, Jun 20, 2004.

1. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

As some of you know, i just got a zebdi, how long should it take for it to feel like my old bike, ive got 2 good rides on it, and its defintly alot more stable and comfortable on the rear wheel, but getting up stuff seems much harder...... im assuming because the bottom bracked it like 38mm higher than my old bike and my fork is 68mm lower

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

ups take a little longer to get used to. your stem is pretty damn short for a bike that length, so that may be giving you some trouble?

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

How long will it take? As long as it takes you to get used to it, that's how long it will take. There is no defined amount of time that we can give you, where the second after that you will be comfortrable on your brand new bike.
    It can take a day for some people that ride a lot and adapt quickly, for others, it can take longer.
    But just so you are happy: It will take EXACTLY 8 hours, 27 minutes, and 14 seconds of riding time before you are back to normal with your new set up. After 8 hrs, 27 mins, and 15 seconds you will be like a new person. :ugh2:

4. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

hahaha.....yea, i like short stems, im an x-bmxer, and i still do "urban" on my trials bike. i know the trials kings run 60-80mm stems on the 400mm fork and 40-60mm stems on the 420's, says the guy from px, and im runnning a 60

5. atypical

atypical Guest

You'll see the advantages soon, otherwise you wouldn't have switched bikes. It might take a while to do some of the old lines as well as before, but then you can start new lines. I went from a Azonic DS-1 to an echo pure and I still can't do some of what I usetacould, like front wheel hop for more than 3 hops, or static 180 hop, but I can go up waay better. It prolly took me 5-7 rides before I could use the bikes geometry to my advantage. Have patience and work on the basics with a new frame, it lets you memorize the wheel positions and get your dynamic balance. Ride it.

6. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea, i notice that certain things are easier and certain things are harder.......i think that my bars getting 2" wider make things different too....and natually dropping the sus fork makes everything nicer (except when i land unsmoothly haha)