How long have you been riding?

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by oicdn, Aug 13, 2004.

1. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Just a general consensus here. How long have you been riding? How long have you been riding trials? Experiance you have?

I've been riding DH SPARINGLY (twice a year)over the past 2 years in Co...as in, riding a brother-in-laws(well, not anymore, LOL, they divorced) bike whenever I went up there. Was a nice Kona, and an Ellsworth...can't remember the models.

Raced BMX as a kid, GT Box Series....then stopped until I was about 20-21 and started freeriding with a .243.....

Feels like I've been riding trials longer, but I started in February(looked back at older posts), so that's what, 6 months this month? I think I've progressed fairly well...

Didn't feel like this fit in the trials forum, and I'm kinda bored, so I thought I'de see the experiance levels of the people on here....

2. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

I started riding in high school. Mostly XC and trail riding. Then started alittle bit of trials. When to post secondary and stop riding for 4 years :eek3: :mad: . Started again with trials and now its been close to 6months of doing trials :bigthumb: .

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I rode my first mountain bike 6 years ago, no previous bike experience. Rode trials a little less than 5 years ago.

4. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Same as Andrew.

But I don't ride anywhere near as well as I should for having been on trials so long. I've always taken it wayyyy too slow, leaving stuff for later, haha.

5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

started mtn biking almost 6 years ago. started trials riding 3 years, 10 months, 2 days ago.

6. oicdn

oicdn Guest

^^^^^^ Damn, and already in the top of the Pro/Elite class.....

7. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

pfft.... yeah right. thanks to my little friend named "default"

8. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Lets see, I've raced BMX for 7 years, still do. That was when I was 9..so, figure 6 years of mountain biking in there too, doing endo's and back wheel hops. No joke. I started trials last Feburary, so that makes it over a year of trials for me, but, I didn't ride trials at all from November - Mid July, and thats...9 months off, so I've only really ridden trials for 7 months. I think I've progressed fairly well. Uhh, I plan on continuing BMX racing for as long as possible, and many AA pros have suggestedI go pro. I dunno, we'll see.

9. atypical

atypical Guest

Fall of '93 I started at college. Went from a Giant Sedona rigid to a full suspension(there was NOTHING known at that time in my part of the world as to deleterious effects of suspension- it WAS all good) then back to rigid b/c we figured out some things, Cannondale M800(like Libor) then Azonic b/c I was thinking street, then Echo pure cause I'm old and need the help. I've never been around any other riders so my progression is slow but I'm still getting better at age 29, got some aches and pains but who doesn't? Odoul rules.

10. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

no! he is my friend and i dont want to share...

btw i started riding bmx like 6-7 years ago and trials just the past two years.

11. B1105

B1105 New Member

I started 4-5 months ago I think, but I've been riding road/dh/fr for about 4 years. I can't really say how well I've progressed since I started since I have no one to compare to, but as long as its fun, it shouldnt matter.

12. senorplinka

senorplinka Guest

I rode Urban for a couple year o so...and then before that a little XC...been trialsin' for three weeks...I suck. Horribly. Gawd, I quit.

13. BenR

BenR Active Member

Ive rode trials since about february, but if you take off all the time I am with a broken bike then really I've only been riding for about 3 months.

14. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

i don't know. probably around 2 years, but i was saying that 6 months ago and it was a guess then. but i suck, on my lonesome with nothing to ride.

15. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

around 3 years and still no good.

16. Norco_125

Norco_125 Guest

5 months ago i started trials, i have been doing great :D. I have also raced XC for about 2 years now.

17. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

me too

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

matts been riding me for a loooong tyme :joshers:

19. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

i just started riding again a few days ago... i rode a few years ago, but not for very long. been riding bikes all my life though.

20. evan

evan Guest

I got my first trials bike about 2.5 years ago. Rode on and off for the first two years, been riding more "seriously" for the last 6 months.