how good is a brisa b26d

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by alextrials, Jun 19, 2004.

1. alextrials

alextrials Guest

hi how good is the brisa b26d elite, ive herd mixed things, also how good are they for street, than for trials
    thanks for your time
    ALEx

2. Elan

Elan steve french

they are not good. unless you want to make beer/soda cans

3. DaleM

DaleM Guest

I am quite fond of my B26d. I would like the above poster to elaborate on why they are only good for opening beer bottles.

4. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Not opening beer bottles.Many frames have that feature.But creating soda cand once the frame has passed into the"spirit world" ,"afterlife",or "broke for no real reason and gets no warranty consideration".

It's a knocks life for brisa.Bad parents,poor geometry.My heart goes out. It's still a good beginner bike .Not much different than a PX ,aside fom the durability issues.

5. jamescrilly

jamescrilly Guest

it is nothing like a PX, i would say it was stronger but the brisa geometry is shite, the bb is far too low and the rear stays are lager than my dh bikes

6. Elan

Elan steve french

brisas break all the time. they are ugmo. they have the crappiest, un-thought out geometry. and you get called gay by fag trials riders if your ride one. seriously, there are way better buys out there than brisa. check out monty.

7. willapaj

willapaj New Member

check out monty? that's got to be a joke... if you're worried about snapping frames, stay far away from Monty... and you think Brisa Warranties are crap? how's 3 months sound?
    some of their frames can be pretty inexpensive though...

8. Elan

Elan steve french

brisa is crap. all iwas saying is that i would rather have a monty than a brisa. id rather have a megamo than a brisa, and i would rather have a koxx than anything.

9. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

ahem...who would worry about snapping frames on a steel frame? if the monty is steel that is. I would ride and beat the crap outta the steel frame cause welders do magic :wuteva:
    only 3 months? koxx come with 1 year. and brisa's are mad overpriced, some of them look GOOD, but its all cosmetics. Brisa's are like supermodels, goodlooking but stupid in the inside. someone put that in there sig :ugh:

10. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Just so you know, the Brisa's come with a TWO YEAR warranty on the frames, not three months. I'm not sure where that info comes from, but it's not true. And even though it might not mean much to most , the frames cost a little more because they're hand made in the U.S. of A.

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

bwagner- I'm sure you also know that the 2 year brisa warranty is NULLED IF ITS RIDDEN AS A TRIALS BIKE- believe me...I've had friends who've repeatedly snapped them.

Personally I wouldn't worry about breaking a bike- but I would worry about geometry...which is complete trash on the brisa; however their rear disc option is one of the nicest in trials.

To the topic starter- look towards echo/zoo for cheap alternatives...

1 person likes this.
  12. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I think he was referring to Monty.. i'm pretty sure I've heard that Monty only comes with a 3 month warranty, which is fairly.. um unfair