Observed Trials banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
To be honest, I don't really like it, at all. There's some really impressive and creative riding there, don't get me wrong; BUT, I find there's too many gimmicky sections/effects that it straight up kills it for me. I'm so tired of the slow-mo tire skid kicking up dirt, the skateboarding shot really killed me and just overall too much aerial footage.

It's corny, not sure if that was the point.

·
tda
1,630 Posts
Pat smage is an awesome rider, the edit is very disney channel/christian rock for tweens. I could’ve used ONE more angle of that rear tire spin in tire move...

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Sick riding but it just didnt do anything for me. Vid is soulless, too shiny, just like the last 10 from Akrigg or Dmac.

Trials on a drop bar bike was cool for like 5 seconds when Martyn first did it but its a gimmick now, makes a great video for people who have never ridden a bike before to talk about at the water cooler. Also frankly I am annoyed to see someone shred on that bike harder than I'll ever shred on a purpose built trials rig.

Why don't JamesB videos have ten million ziillion views?

·
Super Moderator
333 Posts
Seems like most sponsored trials videos are made for people who dont ride or understand trials, while James' videos are made for people who get it and can appreciate the subtlety in what he is doing.

·
tda
1,630 Posts
Seems like most sponsored trials videos are made for people who dont ride or understand trials, while James' videos are made for people who get it and can appreciate the subtlety in what he is doing.

intricacies of technique are the last thing sponsors or the general public want to watch. Flashy, clean, shiny- like you are peddling to a reta rd, because in the end that is whats happening.

We’ve all been ret ard ed and slow sometimes, our job to come out of re tar dation as we age. Many don’t get this chance, and are to scared to live.

“this ones real so believe the hype”

“don’t believe the hype its a sequel!”

James B is unreal to riders, the difficulty and excellence if combinations- smooth... Him, ali c , a few others are always a special pleasure to watch. I can’t get down with 100% street yet nor can i get down with what 100% comp looks like now. Both are absolutely incredible, but different strokes and I like to combine it all, loose babyhead rocks plus roots/logs are a favorite.. so is a big rockpile. so is a curb.

However you wanna focus that bike... good on ya

1 - 10 of 10 Posts