How do I jump on the backwheel?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by HouseFly, Dec 12, 2004.

1. HouseFly

HouseFly New Member

Like all trial dudes jump on their backwheel so easily, it seems so easy but is hard.
    What is the learning technic for it?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  2. Ross

Ross New Member

Im assuming you mean "trial" dudes and hopping on the back wheel. Anyhow, it just takes lots-o-practice. Read THIS guide and then go get on your bike and do it. Dont stress over this move. I was obsessed learning how to do this move when it really isnt that important for the first few months of riding. Then it just clicked one day and now I dont really have to think about how to do it.

3. mikemad23

mikemad23 Guest

its a stressfull process because you can do 3 or for or 5. then 6. and then back to 3 and then one day you can do 30. just practice, but make sure you have the basics of trials down first. their is no point in a beginner knowing to lurch if he cant trackstand or sidhop.

4. HouseFly

HouseFly New Member

Okay, how do I know what "bunny"jump is or what it is called?

5. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

no offence dude, but i think u need a little bit more time on a bike b4 diving into trials....just start playing around, learn how to bunny hop up curbs, trackstand, shit wheelie around, endos, whatever, LEARN HOW TO BALANCE....thats key, if u cant balance on 2 wheels, ur not going to beable to balance on 1....

6. HouseFly

HouseFly New Member

ok, but where can I read where "bunny hop up curbs, trackstand, shit wheelie around, endos," means?
    I dont know these trix for these words... :S

7. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

It took me ages to learn to lurch, the backwheel hop part wasn't too too bad, its kinda just a game to see how many u can connect together without falling over -- but yes, the key is balance. it "kinda" sounds like you should be riding a little more to first become familiar with the lingo, then gradually learning other things.
    unfortunately we can't become leech's or caisso's or whoever over night -- it'd be nice, but no. so start from the basics and work your way up, backwheel stuff and many more complicated moves comes with practice..

8. TheObieOne3226

TheObieOne3226 Guest

So you're saying a former unicycle trials rider (like myself) will be able to do it right away?
    :bigthumb:

9. HouseFly

HouseFly New Member

Where should my weight be when I trying to do this move (Lurching)?
    If I stand in trackstand and starting this move, I pull up the handlebars and starting/trying to jump on the backwheel?

Tell me in steps how it should be done, that is easier for me to follow and train to.
    Ty.

*I'm not using a trial bike, I use a Specialized BigHit, well, that is the only bike I have so dont whine about it.
    And I DO know some basics like trackstand, backwheel etc just doesnt know the "words" for it like trackstand which I do know now ;))

10. Elan

Elan steve french

for most of trials moves, your weight should be centered over the BB, during set up. then of course you have to throw your weight do execute hte move. of course. watch a few videos or scandinavians such as TRA. or some french riders.

11. Hannigan

Hannigan Member

hopping on the back wheel will be hard to do on a Big Hit...the suspension will soak up all the energy you use to try to hop...never theless, try it, and if you get it on the Big Hit, then it will be a cinch if you get a rigid bike...