Observed Trials banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've got hs-33's on the rear of my new bike(xtp), and it just aint happenin'. I've got a 4- bolt booster, light grind, and have tried plaz(no grip in dust) and monty milk(needs a heavy grind) pads. last weekend at fontana, these brakes caused many points and a nice bloody shin. Every thing is set up correctly, brakes have been bled, pads are hitting flat against the rim. Things were so bad, i had to resort to tar to finish the comp.

Any advice guys?

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
a deep grind or else the grind is not even worth it man, a deep grind and some plaz pads and you will be fine, or koxx bloxx, monty milk pads wear too fast, but you need a deep grid other wise it is just not worth it.
i run no booster on my zoo, plaz and a nice grind and i have no problems!

pav

·
Administrator
2,987 Posts
I agree with pav, but just want to add that the koxx bloxx will perform very well with a deep grind, but if you can't get a deep grind your best bet is probably the plazmatic CRM pads. All will work best with a deep grind though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess its bi-weekly grinds and tar for dust until i get some bloxx.

·
Administrator
2,987 Posts
Paul, just out of curiosity, are you Paul Bray? The guy with the custom steel mod that was at nationals in Durango?

·
Registered
632 Posts
yo paul.....what's up with that. Drop me a line and I'll get you some Koxx bloxx. Are ya sure you're grinding the rim right? A four bolt booster on an XTP with a good grind could stop a train.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i met a lot of you guys at the durango event. Good times :bigthumb:
I can't wait to comeback to the CO.
I just grinded the hell out out of my rim today before going for a natty ride in the rain, and it was a big improvement. I guess i just had to grind it harsher. I'll post some pics of the bike later this week( and the brake area sans tire)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts