Holy crap! Raiser bars rock!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by maciekzw, Jun 23, 2004.

1. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

So I've had my Zoo Pitbull for few months now, and I could not get used to those damn flat bulge bars. I could do some stuff as you guys seen from few of my short videos, like pedal hops, sideways hops etc... But I could never pull up the front and do a manual and stuff that involves a bit more speed. So today I went on a ride with Bonzai, and let me tell you... HOLY CRAP! Those bars made huge, I mean HUGE difference! The gap I was working on for the last 2 weeks, which is only 4.5 feet (which may not seem that big for your PROS) I made with first try! Seemed like a piece of cake. I can now almost everytime pedal up 3 pallets which I could also never do before. It seems like those bars are a huge help. I should've gotten them when I first bought my bike, but who knew...

But anyway, just wanted to share that with ya, cuz today I had a one wicked ride/practice session. I'll post up some videos soon of me gapping 4.5 feet, which is the biggest gap I've ever done!

PEACE, I'm out! :bigthumb:

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

glad you're happy!
    what fork are you using?

3. netto

netto New Member

cool stuff
    tho it mite be all in ur head
    and it is a possibility that u've improved
    o well
    good stuff =)

4. bwagner

bwagner New Member

riser bars

Hey Maciek,
    I found out about the riser bar thing the same way. I had those flat bulge bars for a long time, and then I switched to a pair of the Monty Green bulge risers, and I couldn't believe the difference. Like you've said, pedal ups became much easier, as did most other things. Well congrats on your new found glory, and keep it up. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to ask; which bars did you switch to? Just out of curiosity.

5. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

raisers bars arent better, they just suits you better . You should explore different setups and find the one that suits you the best overall .

6. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

Polish guys and their bars..ssshh. Just kidding. That was a hell of an improvement. Keep it up.

7. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

I believe its the echo urban fork that he is using

8. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

He's right. :)

9. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

I didn't have time to go back to the trials store so I went to a near by mountain bike store and picked up a half decent set of riser bars and a stem. I'm not too sure what brand they were but they were pretty light, and I payed $100 for both. I used to have a raiser bar on my old Kona and that worked really well, so I have no idea why I went with the flat buldge bar... :ugh2:

10. Hardline

Hardline Member

I do not know. I had a set of Pro Taper bars on my Zebdi. I could feel pretty comfortable on my rear wheel and start doing some moves. The guy I ride with was telling me about how much his bike felt better when he bought some Echo bars and stem. So I bought some too and have just about stopped riding. I allways feel off balance and can not get used to the lowness of them. Maybe just different strokes for different folks. I am going to switch them back and see if the bike gets more comfy again.

11. maciekzw

maciekzw Guest

Exactly. Go with what you fell most comfortable with. I felt good with raiser bars, so I switched back to them and I can see huge improvements right away.

Thanks for your replies! Just wanted to see what you guys prefer and think about different type of bars :)

PEACE!

12. rider

rider New Member

As TRA said, its not the bars themselves. Its the setup. Raiser bars moves the handles up a bit. Using spacers under your stem would give the same result.