hmmmz waiting.

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by ridesoul, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

ok. i put this in the off topic part of the forum because im sure nobody cares, but i need to vent!

on october 28th, i ordered some knee/shin guards from bikeroom.com. their site says that things ship out within 2-5 days. after 5 days and no sign of them shipping it yet (you can check the status of your order on their site), i emailed em asking what was up. i got no reply so about 5 days later, i emailed em again and asked why they still hadnt shipped my order. i got a reply saying that they were really busy the week before and werent able to ship it (load of crap) and that they would be shipped by the next day at noon at the latest. of course they were not.

so on the 10th (now 2 weeks after i ordered them), i emailed em again asking why they still hadnt shipped them yet. finally, on the 11th, they shipped them. keep in mind here that i payed for them in full on the 28th of october so they had my money since the day that i ordered the product. on the 18th or 19th (about a week later), i emailed and asked where my product was because there was no sign of it (wasnt totally worried due to the fact that they are on the other side of the country, despite the fact that other peoples orders came faster from there). i also asked who they used to ship my order to me. i was completely ignored.

as of today i sent them another email demanding to know what in the hell is going on. its now been 27 days and counting since they took the money for my order and im still waiting!

so ya, this has been my experience with bikeroom.com. the strange thing is that most of the people i talk to have said that they have had at least decent service from them.

ok so im done venting now! i also realize that this is pretty insignificant compared to whoever it was that was waiting for a bike from someone for like a year (cant remember who you were. sorry. been hit in the head too many times and cant remember anything!).

-RS

2. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

after my email i sent them tonight, they refunded me so its all good i suppose. i still need to find some shin guards though lol.

-RS

3. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

maybe you can phonem and complain

edit: or not

4. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Their customer service is as terrible as it gets. Unfortunately the price is usually pretty nice. Never ever email them again. They have a couple phone numbers. Keep phoning until you get someone to pick up. Sometimes even that is a problem.

5. ridesoul

ridesoul Guest

ya so i have discovered! i am now debating if it would be safe to attempt to get my shin guards from them again due to the fact that they are pretty good pricewise for em.

-RS

6. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

what shin guards did you (attempt) to get?

7. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Well when i emailed them about something it took at least 1 and a half week for them to answer. But when i phoned them they picked up in 1 second flat and i was greeted with a happy voice. Seriously though.. in an online based business emails are EVERYTHING so im like 1/2 dissapointed

8. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Morely just hooked me up with this. Fuck around.

"BIkeroom forced to sell at retail"
    >
    >
    > Canadian distributors (a.k.a.Canadian Bicycle Cartel) are
    > committed to ensuring cyclists in this country pay full price
    > for components. In most countries cycling enthusiasts not
    > needing the help of a full service shop can choose to buy
    > parts mail-order or online. In Canada this is an option
    > distributors work diligently to ensure you don't have.
    > Distributors have been relentless in their efforts to shut
    > down those operations not selling at full retail and have the
    > staff, resources and connections to make life more than
    > difficult for a business that doesn't adhere to their pricing
    > rules. At present Canada's biggest distributors have taken
    > steps to stop BIkeroom for advertising at anything other than
    > list price. Bikeroom regrets it is forced to cave to the
    > pressure and would not take this decision if there was any
    > other alternative. It is especially sad for those customers in
    > remote area where mail-order is the only option. During the
    > next few weeks Bikeroom will be listing prices similar to the
    > following:
    >
    >
    >
    > Was At Bikeroom/ Canadian Retail/ US Mail-order(CDN$)
    > XT Rear Derailleur 86/ 94/ 72
    > Sram PC69 Chain 31.5/ 49/ 23
    > Marzocchi 888R 04 1499/ 1899/ 1499
    > XT Cassette 100/ 120/ 88
    > King Headset 139/ 199/ 139
    > Hayes Pads 23/ 42/ 22

9. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Motha fucking greedy lbses.... lol sucks for your lbs boycott brett

10. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Due to the rising of the Cnd dollar tho I figure I can continue my bike store boycott. Even with the exchange rate and duties I can still beat retail bike stores. I had the hook up to end all hook ups a few years ago. Then the dude moved to Cali. I was basically sponsored without breaking my sponsor boycott. I have too many boycotts I think.

11. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

Too bad im screwed though... was just about to buy a full build kit from them for cheeeeeep... damn life sucks