Hermance vs Cousttelier

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by 20inchDUDE, Jun 1, 2004.

1. 20inchDUDE

20inchDUDE New Member

Who is better?

I know some of you guys have been with both this year (or the prevoius) who rides better?

Their level is so equal I can´t tell from the vids, but maybe some of you that have seen them ride in person can tell (kevin?)

I will love to see this years UCI finals with all the to riders in it (beleay, hermance, vinco, cassio, coust´s, oheler, etc)

2. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Well as far as comps go it seems that the cous are best from the results.

Maybe the question should be what makes the coust better at comps?

Vincent and all the other koxx riders are definitely 10x more fun to watch in videos thats for sure.

3. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Belaey is the best comp rider.!

Hermance has the best style IMO!

The cousts are in between the 2.

4. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I prefer watching :bowdown: Belaey. I think he looks just incredibly effortless. Some of his comp video's look like he's just dicking around. :nuts:

That's my $0.02

5. JK

JK New Member

I think it would depend on the course and who is having a good day. They all seem pretty equal to me. Every rider has their strengths and weaknesses. It seems to me that Caisso is the most consistent rider of all of them. The Coust bros seem to ride with the most passion. They are all pretty damn good riders. I guess we will see at the end of the season.

6. felix

felix New Member

The Coust brothers and Vincent are all world class riders.
    I think, it's hard to say who's better.
    They have a completely different riding style.
    I've seen the Coustelliers and Vincent at comps in the last two years and I think their skills are quite equal.

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

whoever has the best day of riding...I just watched vincent do things that shouldn't be possible- world class riders is the right phrase.

just INSANE...

8. TRA

TRA this is very uninteresting

i like how vincent uses his powers 110% . instead of "i could make it if i tried hard enough but bahhh" . you can see how he just pushes himself really hard. people have a tendency to not to try hard enough ..

9. Ryden

Ryden Guest

I am by no means a person who could say who is better. I just prefer the syle of vinco. The more flow the better!

10. Elan

Elan steve french

i think that maeder is better htan alls !!!!!

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

he has no fear, he doesn't think too much about the move- he just does it 110% like you said, and he won't leave till he gets it.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Finally someone makes some sence... vinco is imo the sickest rider ever... would love to see more of him
    [never been to a world class comp, my opinion is based only on video fotage]

13. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I really dig Vinco's style. But thats is probably because I am an ogre like him...

14. DangerousDave

Vinco looked much more comfortable on his old koxx and his woodman than he does on his rahmen frame...

15. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Agreed.
    That new frame makes his riding look more awkward. Somehow he still manages to be sickly smooth.

16. DangerousDave

I think the geo is too extreme. My Equip has the exact same geo as my old Radical frame except a 1" higher bottom bracket which puts it at 14.25". They are two completely different bikes because of that. Balancing is difficult on my bike because your center of gravity is so high. I couldn't imagine riding his new frame with a 16" bb or whatever height it comes out to...

17. Shipley

Shipley ..........

His mod stem setup seems to make up for it some.. but it still looks horrible.

18. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

How many points did the cousts win by? If there's a big difference the cousts must be better(for comps at least). If style is what counts Leech is my favourite by far. So flowing and smooth.

19. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

vincent and the cous brothers are the top three by a bunch in my opinion. they each have their strengths so i think the comp winner comes down to the courses and who has the best day but each on their own i feel are quite equal. i know people will probably knock me for saying this but caisso, vinco, bealay... these guys are very good but have to have an incredible day just to be up there with vince/cous. i think there is a noticable gap between the top three (vince, giaco, gilles) and 4-8 (kenny, marc, vinco, etc) and then a huge gap between them and people ranked in the teens and twenties. i wont even get into style or anything since i think the original question was "who is a better rider".

20. Elan

Elan steve french

after a full day of riding with him, i dont see how anybody could have THAT much more ability than vincent.... everything he does is almost incomprehensible to me. but i think kevin is precisely right on what he said. i dont think it is a question of "who is a better rider" at all that needs to be discussed, because it isnt possible to define who would fill that position.

i feel like i am making 0 sense