Observed Trials banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guyth im looking to get into trials but i cant decide what to do

i keep hearing about all you guys who used to ride regular cheap bikes that were just kinda small, but i tried backhopping on my DJ and it felt impossible

im pretty sure i need nothing less than the best to get started, but im only 16 and i also need a car

should i get two used cars or this bike?

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really cant understand why more people don't take up trials. All you need is a few thousand dollars and a willingness to invest hours every day to learn how to stand still on a bike that you paid 3k for

·
tda
1,498 Posts
bro ur not gonna get a danny mac poster SIGNED with that attitude! The $5,888 version has 2” of his hair taped onto the headtube and I will say science fully backs this as a great decision and an easier way to attain great hops with extra slave sweat.

achieve much, never surrender

·
Registered
62 Posts
for me, i haven't spent a lot of $$$ for a bike to start with. I was never hoping to achieve Danny Mac level for I started at late age 38. Though, patience and persistence in learning will be the greatest factor. Capable bike is another story to tell, and some guys use DJ frame and still rides trials insanely...

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about this for 5 seconds then decided theres no way in hell I'm peeling off a thousand bucks for a hideous brand new looking thing full of anodized matching bits.

Where is my perfect dreambike 26 inch early aughts "pure trials" geo? Something with no loud colors or logos, just lots of scratches.

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Blast from the past. I think Goatwheels was out of business before I joined this forum. Didn't Heavy Tools eventually rebrand themselves as Tank?

"Handmade in Austria heavy tools Pro trial purchased from goat Wheels in Massachusetts. Original owner, well taken care of and nearly stock."

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More old stuff. I wonder if the seller is anyone from here.

"2005 Norco Moment. DMR fork, Avid Elixir front disc/v-brake rear. Planet X bars and stem. V-60 pedals. Frame is in excellent shape. These bikes are getting harder and harder to find and can be built into whatever you want it to be, they make excellent dirt jumpers too! Has bash guard, not shown in pictures."

·
Banned
4,263 Posts
Can someone screenshot this and post it so Dada can see it? He has me blocked

Dada: I had a dream about you the other night, sheets were covered in ectoplasm

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
🤣🤣🤣

"this is a trials frame converted to BMX racing.(no idea how the frame will handle but looks strong)."

$2500 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"rear hub: 10t driver on a crazybikes rear hub(5 sealed bearing cartridges with 8 point pawl engagement) "

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 - 20 of 21 Posts