Observed Trials banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think you’ve landed on the notch as an assembly aid - the photos look like they're undercut , so you could slide in the spacer, and it couldn't fall out while you are wrestling with the brake mounting hardware.

It adds a lot of complexity to the the spacer if you are machining them in small batches and if you can put up with having to hole the spacer while you mount the brake, you don't really need any protrusion at the bottom.

I really think you can get away with a single hole and only worry about the height dimension. - I don't think there is enough cross sectional area in anything that would pick up the other "main" mount- to do more than the properly tightened bolt does.

View attachment 42016

If you had these front brakes mounted, could you ride it and test it or is that ways off?
That image looks like something that could work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Bicycle tire White Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Boom, found it on an onza Trex frame and fork, the notch is a locating slot, should be easy to recreate and use a 10mm longer then normal bolt
Exciting times
Also sneak of my rebuild in progresscurrebtly using thick rubber as the mounting spacer till I can get some aluminium cut and drilled

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

21 - 27 of 27 Posts