HELP Good or bad cranks.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by austintrials, Aug 16, 2004.

1. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

I am thinking of getting some diff cranks, I have now the TryAll front freewheel cranks for the tapered bottom bracket. And now finding that the right side (srocket side) The square hole is now rounding out,
    So i was looking and found the TryAll Isis front freewheel cranks. i know that i'll have to get a new bottom bracket and that's fine. But since i have not ever ran the ISIS cranks or ISIS bottom bracket, i was looking to see what the pros and cons are....
    He is running a rear Chris King with fixed cog on the crank.

Oh and i ride MOD Monty xlite

and this thread for my Bro.
    Thanks.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i run the try-all isis cranks with a Chris King hub and 18T track cog in front. the try-alls fit very tight on the bottom bracket, but other than that i have had 0 problems with them. i like them a lot.
    pros- ISIS is a lot stronger than square taper, the bottom bracket will probably never break, the bearings in many ISIS DH BB's are many, so they are very durable, and rounding out the cranks is pretty impossible. ...cons? i dont really know of any.

3. Tipsy Jock

Tipsy Jock Guest

Go and buy some middleburns, either square or isis, will be the end to all crank problems (Y)

Pete

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

I dont have the Try-Alls, but going to the ISIS drive system is definitley worth the extra $$, so whatever you do, don't go to the square taper if you can help it.

5. Sirus

Sirus Guest

he probably is running front freewheel

6. Tipsy Jock

Tipsy Jock Guest

*cough*

7. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

Now the try-all with the ISIS will mrk on the monty MODS right?

thank you all for the posts.
    I think w/ the info that i got it's to the ISIS i go. :)

Now the try-all with the ISIS will mrk on the monty MODS right?

8. Elan

Elan steve french

9. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

sweeeeeeet

then with all your help .............It Shal be done!

10. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

hey all i am in the process tof getting the ISIS drivetrain for the MOD Monty and what I have found on webcyclery was the "BONZ front freewheel crank"
    Have you heard of anything on them? Good Bad or what
    Cant find midleburn MOD cranks. only found for stock.
    thinking also of the "Raceface ISIS signiture XS 225g"bttm bracket
    PLease help thanks

11. freeone

freeone Guest

there are some problems with raceface in trials - it works, but says "katt" sometimes. Truvativ detto.
    Try FSA, or Try-All!

12. besham

besham Guest

I would go with the truvativ DH BB. Race face makes good cranks, they should have stopped there. Unless you are really really lightweight or are seriously counting grams, go DH. actually go DH anyways.

13. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

Yeeeeeaaaah, I'm gonna have to go ahead, and, uh, disagree with you there, on the Truvativ BB. I've got one, and have had problems with it on two different bikes. Namely, it won't exactly stay tight. I can get like two months out of a tightening before it starts creaking. This last time I had the LBS use heavy duty loctite, and its been good for a bit, but I'd still say go FSA.

14. oicdn

oicdn Guest

I have the square taper Bonz...these things are incredibly. I don't think they'll be going anytime soon. The Isis can only be stiffer....uh, somehow...

15. antidis

antidis Guest

my fsa came loose once in 3 mos of hard riding, i put it in myself though so that could be why.

16. !ECHO!

!ECHO! Guest

Get some echo crankset u can fit a freewheel on the front aswell!!
    go on www.bikedock.com n cick on crank set