Hello

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by gemiller, Feb 24, 2004.

1. gemiller

gemiller Guest

Hey guys I was sent here from a guy over at biketrials.com because I am new and apparently one of their mods is a little out there and tries to sell tank bikes even though they break alot. I will leave his name not said since he doesnt want to get banned over there. Anyway I am here because I want to learn trials, i watched it at motorama if you want to know more about me ask. I raced bmx sponsored for 2 years, i am 6'5" and 250 lbs but the problem is i am only 16 17 next month and work for minimal wage, pay for car insurance and cell phone bill and gas, what kinda bike should i get that would still be cheap. I was looking at the tank 26" but also heard some bad stuff about them but they are only 250 shipped.. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

look for a decent used bike, and never even think about tank again...

3. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

look in to financing a bike. you'll probably need to have your parents co-sign for you, but that way you'll have some time to pay it off. im guessing that if you were at motorama, then you live in the northeast? if so, try to contact the guys at mt perk cycles. they all ride and are really cool. they'll help you out.

as elan said, try to stay away from the tank bikes. its the equivelent of a walmart trials bike.

4. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Go to the buy/sell forum of this site. Buy Bills Planet X. Build it up from there.

I'm sponsored too. My company pays me fuckloads of cash, but could give a shit less if I ride a goddamn bike. :werd:

5. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

My bike sold last friday night :) Byron from New Jersey received it today. Weren't you thinking of selling yours though?

6. ascentrek

Yep, I'm considering it.

7. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

hey man, glad you saw the light :D

i dont think the people here will care much if i bashed stephen, tanks and referred you here but last time i tried that on BT.com stefahn wasnt a happy chappy :)

i think you could get a nice stock learner bike for $300 second hand... i did.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

i jsut sold my stock frame for $100.

9. ascentrek

Okay, now I know what happened to your ride. I can barely keep up with you in these forums.