heatsink vs koxx bloxx

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by daveanscombe, Dec 2, 2004.

1. daveanscombe

daveanscombe Guest

heatsink vs koxx bloxx

heatsink are a lot cheaper than koxx bloxx........but are thay as good -better-or worse....il let u lot decide

2. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

Thanks, that was terribly descriptive.

3. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

Las pastas heatsink no hacen ruido y son baratas, pero no tienen la fuerza de los bloxx.

Aaanyways.

At the moment, Steve (mr heatsink) is not making pads on account that he's a dad now, so you won't be able to get some pads until he resumes production.

Besides people from the uk, I'm one of the only outside of england with a set of them. The pads are silent, which made me love them as soon as I put them on, and kept riding them. They are also the thickest pads available, 10mm of pad material, so I didn't have to do the pad bodge to fit my narrow rim in my frame. They don't have the immense power of my bloxx, but I was willing to live with it for a bit, especially since it had been a long time that I had silent brakes. I rode them on a worn grind, fresh grind, dry, pouring rain, and everything in between. What power they had was the same in all conditions, I just had to be careful where I landed and how. After a ride in the pouring rain, I threw my bloxx back on though, and once again had hugely strong brakes that were loud as hell. I will chuck the heatsinks on again when I feel like riding silently.

This was the second batch Steve made (batch B), which aren't made anymore. He has made one more batch after that (batch C), which are meant to be much much better, having a softer compound and working on soft rims like tryall. When he resumes production, I'm looking forward to buying a set of the newest ones. I'm always up for trying new things, and I know the quality of the heatsink pads is second to none. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the batch C pads than I did with the batch B. The people that did ride the batch B pads over in england liked them a lot, but didn't like bloxx. It was the opposite with me, regarding brake power. Bloxx are still the best I've ridden, by far.

I will buy a set of his new pads when Steve gets back to making them. Until then, the pad choices are the same as always. There are a couple more people in UK making their own magura pads, and Koxx has 4 new compounds for their bloxx, so the choice is bigger now.

4. durkie

durkie Member

what do you mean by this? you had to concentrate to be a little smoother to avoid brake slip?

5. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

wingo.

you know how you get used to whatever brake you happen to be riding, and that even if it's slippy you can ride it as long as you compensate for it? I got used to it fine, and it wasn't a huge problem riding urban stuff, but i still had to be more careful than usual when riding crazy natural, and even more in the rain. i loved it because my brake was silent, but i did have to be more concious of how i rode and stuff.