Hayes El Camino

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by MikeTheBike, Nov 18, 2004.

1. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

2. mhoulmont

mhoulmont Member

Bad reputation? Maybe in the trials community, but they are one of the most used brakes in downhill, freeride, and xc. They're mechanical brakes suck ass but the mags are awesome. I'm sure these were made because they wanted a brake with more adjustibility.

3. Darren

Darren New Member

that looks like an awesome brake, but i hope the lever has a different shape than the mags, that lever feels like ass.

4. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Is it me or did they steal Marzocchi logo? Unless I don't know something about both companies? Brake looks pretty cool I guess.

[​IMG]

5. trials-online

trials-online still here

i was set on the new hope brake untill i saw this , complicates my decision a bit

6. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

What kind of hope? probably will still school any hayes

7. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

looks are deceiving... i dont think i'd ever trust hayes for trials. their mech brakes DO suck ass! but there's not much else i'd trust for DH, FR, or Slalom, or whatever. stick with magura and hope

8. Ebon Dragon

Ebon Dragon New Member

My hayes are dying on me. But they are the hayes 9s so i guess they arent the best...

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Original hayes brake was the best disc brake I have ever had in my life. And I've had most of them ...

10. Elan

Elan steve french

they needed somthing to compete with the juicy. if more htan half of them dont leak, i think they got avid beat

11. poutine

poutine Guest

Theres a review of them on pinkbike.

12. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

by original i believe andy means the first ones, DERP. and more importantly I think he means the hayes that most of us dont remember cause we still thought XC was X-TReme

13. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

back when rear meant 22mm bolt spacing... omg that was so back in the day. that was like omg 4 years ago?! oh snap. take that world! you just got served!