hay

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Elan, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Elan

Elan steve french

whats your favorite movie of all time

mine is When Harry met Sally

2. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

Delicatessen, Adaptation or Brother Where art Thou.

I think you're taking the piss. Billy Crystal was good in The Princess Bride though.

- Joel

3. Peace

Peace pedocrab

bmx bandits, saturday night fever (because i never realised they said CUNT that long ago!)
    Peace

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

BMX bandits fucking :werd:

"...race ya to the mall..."

Stand By Me.

5. pav

pav New Member

Fat Pizza

6. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

OK you Australians clearly have something wrong with you...let go of the hopeless support of your ailing film ind...

OH !

The Rage in Placid Lake !

- Joel

7. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

:hsugh:

8. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

Funny, they made a remake of that movie: I think it was called "Matrix revolutions"

9. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

BTW, I like Snatch.

it was gud.

10. Tanner

Tanner New Member

snatch, lock stock and two smoking barrels

11. sotsog

sotsog Guest

for me, it's snatch

you know vinnie jones is da best actor in the world!!!!!!!!

12. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

you know vinnie jones is only good because guy ritchie told him exactly what to do for every single scene in lock stock, snatch AND Mean Machine. Guy Ritchie CREATED vinny jones! Delicatessen, one of Jean Pierre Jeunet's best movies! I am with you on that one. BTW whats this I hear about Jeunet making a new french movie, something like the most expensive film ever made in france? I am really excited if this is the case because that man is outstanding.

-Paul

13. Monty99

Monty99 Super-Rockin-Mister-Magic

14. Elan

Elan steve french

this thread is a joke

15. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

your thread is a joke... oh wait...

16. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

OOOhhh this thread has just been elevated from joke status, go fuck off now Elan.

JPJ has got to be my favourite film dude. I just ordered Delicatessen, City of Lost Children and Amelie from amazon. I've never seen City of Lost Children before, it's hard to find in Australia.

anyway, his latest is a film version of "Un long dimanche de fiançailles", the book by Sebastien Japrisot. Translated it is "A very long engagement" and the book is available in English, translated wonderfully by Linda Coverdale. I loved the book, it's dark and quirky, so just JPJ's thing.

it's in the French cinemas now, it would be a waste of 7 euros for me to go see it, my aptitude for spoken French is not quite up to par. I'm not sure when it's being released elsewhere but I look forward to seeing it. I don't know anything about the expense, I've been away from English press for a while but the promotional material looks really good. Lead character is played by Audrey Tautout so that's a reason to see it all by itself :)

- Joel

17. Simonk

Simonk Guest

city of lost children is good and kinda cool, but doesnt have the same *atmosphere* to it as delicatessen.
    ma favrit movi is bt video 1

18. cogmog

cogmog Member

Taxi Driver!!!