Hans Rey "Trials" bike.......

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Rob.K, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I thought this was pretty funny. The BB is about 10mm below zero with a suspension fork and the rest of the geo is no better!! I don't know who would buy this.:nuts:

Here it is---

[​IMG]

2. epock7

epock7 Guest

??? It's like a super stubby DJ with an 80mm fox fork...

3. fjas

fjas New Member

I have tried this, and it is just as awfull as you might imagine.

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

And Hans still outrides so many even with his beer belly on that bike....

5. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I am so sick of everyone complaining about trials style bikes that are not pure trials. This post has no more legitimacy than the retarded post about a no seatless bike manifesto. Just ride whatever you want, I would personally ride that bike before I would ride any echo. Its a god damn choice, let people choose you fascist.

6. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

If you ride like hans rey this bike is for you...

7. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Quote from Rob K.

"What a waste of a topic, this should be deleted!!"

8. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

There is a difference here.

I just brought up the topic for others to see this bike as many have not!! I gave my opinion of it please give yours.

9. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

Well I agree that other no seat topic was stupid and should be deleted for wasting space.

But i disagree when you say no one would buy this. Not everyone wants to ride a 1090 wheelbase no seated bike.

If i lived on the coast and was ridin the shore and wanted a bike that i could flick around, but also had a seat and was more suited to actual trail riding i would buy it. Remember some people want a bike that does more than one style.

10. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Sorry I shouldn't have said that.

11. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Did you ever stop and think that possibly it isn't a trials bike? Hans is no longer a "trials" rider, so why would he make his signature bike a "trials" bike. Even with that geometry and setup he would whup 95% of the people on this forum in a comp. Try to have some respect and do some research before just blasting something.

12. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I wonder if there's a promotional video of hans rockin that frame? It looks like it would be fun on some urban.

13. antidis

antidis Guest

hahaha

14. epock7

epock7 Guest

yeah, i guess I WOULD rather ride that bike than my POS...
    Is that a crossmax wheel on the front?

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Where's that posted for sale at???

16. Ross

Ross New Member

my first mountain bike was a tiny GT Zaskar, or is it Zascar, anyway, and it looks almost exactly like that. Except I think mine had like 24 inch wheels.

17. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

that bike is really cool looking, got the leech/lensoky geo going on....

18. B-boy

B-boy New Member

Probably rides similar to my bike (PX JFU)... I like the way my bike rides, but then again I've never owned anything more trials specific. I often wonder if or how much its holding me back.. I'm only really interested in pure trials riding, so hopefully I'll break it and build up a rigid Tibo or something. Either way I've learned a shitload on this bike, still love it and I bet that Hans bike would be fun too

Attached Files:

19. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Mine is set up almost identical to yours b-boy, aside from the fork. It is holding you back a shit-ton for trials...but is that something you care about? My ideal trials bike can't manual for shit.

20. B-boy

B-boy New Member

Yah, trials is what I care about, I dont care for the lenosky-type style too much. I guess manualling is the only street'ish thing I like doing.. Ah well, next bike will be a step closer to pure trials, see how that goes. PS - You've got one of these just for street I assume? cause I remember you saying you're on a Pure aswell