half moon bay anyone?

Discussion in 'West Coast, USA' started by jmkimmel, Oct 6, 2004.

1. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

Bay area guys -
    I keep hearing about how fun the rocks are out at half moon bay. Anybody feel like riding there on saturday or sunday?

2. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

3. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

I get new bike tommorrow or friday so if I get a ride out there I would be down for either day...both if someone wanted to ride that much.

4. digby

digby New Member

what bike are you getting? I thought you just got some koxx mod or something.

5. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

I did but I'm planning to compete a lot next year so I got a 05 pure so I can compete in both classes and kinda use the strengths of one bike to help me learn moves and improve moves on the other bike.

6. digby

digby New Member

stick with one bike, theres not much point to competing on both bikes. Ive spent alot of time thinking about it, but in the end, I like riding stock more. The only thing I can do better on a mod that I cant do on a stock is sidehop tennis court nets. But, I can do most everything else better(taps especially) on a stock.

7. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

Little late now but I ordered the Mod not thinking Id have enough to get the stock I wanted, but I picked up another job and there was nothing to upgrade on my mod so i had enough money to afford the stock so I thought I'd go for it. I've ridden mod a lot and like it but all the stock bikes I have ridden I have enjoyed so now I can find out which one I truly like more. Having two bikes also opens up the opportunity for others to try the sport on a good trials specific bike and I can still ride at the same time.

8. digby

digby New Member

thats pretty good of you. Do you guys wanna ride somewhere on friday afternoon? Ive got a meeting till 11:30 but I can probably make a drive down from chico to sac for a bit, if you guys have anything good to ride.

9. jobottDMB

jobottDMB New Member

We have decent urban and Justin and I just went to a new spot today with medium small rocks. If your up for some good urban we can head downtown and there is plenty of stuff to ride there. Justin usually only rides Monday Wednesday and weekends but I'll see if I can talk him into a Friday afternoon ride. My last class ends at 250 so anytime after 3 would be good. If Justin goes its probably gonna be more like 500 and if we go down town well probably have to pay to park but I'll help out with that. How many people can you take with your car? Some french exchange student would like to ride with us and I can ask him if he is busy Friday. He used to ride a megamo stock and he seems like a sport rider probably.

10. digby

digby New Member

I can take one other person, Ive got no rack, so a backseat and a trunk. So we'd be riding after 5? Ask justin and that french guy if they can go riding on friday and let me know. I think its about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive to sac for me. we should see if nikolai can ditch work too.

11. digby

digby New Member

damn, sorry jeremy, just realized I jacked your thread. I'd love to go to half moon bay this weekend, but it'd tack on another 4 hours of driving from sac. I think I'll be down in the bay the weekend of the 22nd but you guys may all be down at keysville. If not we should go for a ride.

also, wear some shin guards for half moon bay.

12. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

no worries alex - I'm still planning on heading to half moon bay, via directions from an earlier thread. If anybody wants to join me, holla back.

13. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

I'll be dere.which day?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  14. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

How about sunday - does noon work for everybody (and by everybody I mean paul)?

15. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

actually - just figured out saturday won't work. How about sunday noontime?

16. Paulsf

Paulsf New Member

sunday works for me. noonish?

17. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

half moon bay? i can be there maybe

18. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

This still happening? i don't know exactly how to get to the rocks, but I'll plan to be in the area at noon. Paul - you have my phone number, so if you get this, give me a holla. If anybody else is going to show up, or knows directions, let me know.
    Thanks,
    Jeremy

19. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

im out with a cold. i was hoping to get better but considering the fact that when i just sneezed about a pound of snot shot out of my nose, taht and the fact that i can't really talk, im not able to make it.

20. jmkimmel

jmkimmel Active Member

You missed out.....brisa fork snappage.