Grinding Vid?

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by B1105, Apr 8, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

Can someone post a vid of how to grind a wheel? I think I know how, but I would jsut like to see someone do it first as there are no trials riders around here. I know the grind should be parallel with the spokes, but then is there a space in between each grind? I'm confused..

Byron

PS> I saw AndrewTs vid where hes grinding for like 30 sec but I couldnt see anything really.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

no spaces, your braking surface should be completely ground up. it isnt difficult..once you start doing it, you will catch on pretty quickly.

3. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

just start as elan said, it becomes very obvious.

4. cck

cck Member

if your like me, get someone else to do it for you, and then go hide behind a wall :eek3:

5. valiumlaw

valiumlaw Guest

When grinding does it matter whether you use a metal cutting disc or a metal grinding disc?, i think i only have metal cutting discs and masonry grinding discs...

Also, if holding the angle grinder parallel with the rims brakin surface, how many degrees do you hold the grinder at to make the 'grind' ?

Thanks, sorry for my noob grinding knowledge.

6. Hardline

Hardline Member

I am def. not an expert on wheel grinding but I will give input from what I did. I used a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder with a metal blade. Held on about a 45 degree angle from wheel and went at it. If you hold it at a slight angle you will get a light grind. More of a 90 degree angle and you will get a harsh grind. Hope that helps.

7. Tanner

Tanner New Member

using a cutting disc is not reccommended. Use a grinding wheel and you could just live to see a ground rim

8. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea, should the grind be going the opposite way the wheel rotates?
    Sorry if thats a dumb quesiton.

9. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

I had Elan do mine... I think I'll have him do all of mine from now on. I'll pay to have it done... :bigthumb: ... and hid behind the wall.