got king back from king

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by besham, Sep 29, 2004.

1. besham

besham Guest

Just wqnted to update. Got my hub back from service last week. It works just like new now. They said that the ring drive had been installed wrong (I didnt touch the ring drive itself) it was off center and one side of the teeth was worn while the other was fine. Im not sure if that makes me feel better or not. But at least I know its installed correctly this time (hopefully) and I shouldnt have this problem again. I will be overhauling it every three months or so to keep it clean. The best part was that I went ahead and upgraded to the heavy duty axel and got the fun bolts. Also picked up some king lube. Hub works great now and my balls have dropped back out. Ready to try some big moves again! (big for me)

2. oicdn

oicdn Guest

What was up with it in the first place??? Did they replace the ringdrive in there for free?

3. Elan

Elan steve french

every three months? i know of a few kings that have been in working order for over a year..i think you will get tired of that regimen... but good luck

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Havent touched mine in over a year. Its still the secks.

5. besham

besham Guest

The ring drive had been improperly installed by the factory, they said it was off center. (I hadent touched it until the day before I sent it back) They replaced the whole ring drive for free and of course cleaned and relubed it. Yea your right Ill never clean it every three months, but I probably should. After 8 months of 95% urban riding I still found a great deal of dirt and gunk in there. King does say to clean every three to six months. It did take over two weeks to get it back, but I would still recomend sending it back if you have any problems, they were very nice and I practically have a brand new hub. Just dont mention its for a trials bike, they stopped warrantty on trials bikes almost a year ago.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

i have two trials wheels with king hubs.

7. besham

besham Guest

I dont know how strict king is going to be about warranty issues but thats what they told me when my lbs was ordering my hub. I just said it was a specialized enduro freeride bike when they asked. I am paranoid so I unlaced the grinded wheel and sent hub only.
    (if thats why you commented :) )

8. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

LOL....I'm sure they'll still replace it :p Funny though.

9. besham

besham Guest

Word, but I didnt want to chance ending up with a $260 paper weight.