Good trials frames?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by ryanuk500, Apr 8, 2004.

1. ryanuk500

ryanuk500 Guest

hey everyone im gettin a trials bike soon. what frame is good for £500/$915?

i been lookin at the curtis frames (www.curtisbikes.co.uk) and the cove stiffee SL which is less trials specific. (http://www.covebike.com/article.php?itm=33)

And what type of components should i get? rear disk or hs33, forks, rear mech etc

ty 4 replies

2. Elan

Elan steve french

what kind of riding do you do?

you can get one of the best frames, the koxx levelboss for prolly 425 pounds?? magura on the back, disc on the front..any rigid fork that will accept disc is good, any road derailler i good, chris king hub or white industries ffw is a must... just about any crank is good, but middleburns are like dicks over there, every one who rides owns one.

that is a good trials specific bike i guess... but then again, i have no idea what yo uwant, and if you're looking at hte cove stiffie, you probably want a seat and a suspension fork.. :?

3. ryanuk500

ryanuk500 Guest

thanx for eply

yea i definately want suspension, always used it and id prefer to have it on a bike where ill be dropping off high things :)

and want seat cuz i dont want bike for 100% trials. forgot to mention i want an all roundish bike, but mostly trials.

trials riding...dunno wat sorta ridin i do...street trials and in skateparks and stuff...

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Umm....korny, but if you want an all rounder, get a Norco. Yeah, not exactly what everybody is using, but if you're doing skateparks, etc. A Norco Moment or maybe the new PX Ghost as they'll prolly be straight with a suspension fork.....

5. ryanuk500

ryanuk500 Guest

oh yea the moment, that probz more my type of frame. first noticed the norco 853 in drop-in (love drop in) cuz shawn denny rides it, and the moment is similar and used by ryan leech so...must be good for trials. thanx oicdn

6. Shipley

Shipley ..........

You could keep your eyes open for one of the Planet X Jack Flash frames on sale. It seems they're close'n them out. Nice all around with an 80 mm fork.

7. Elan

Elan steve french

id get a norco for an all rounder myself, seems to work for leech ok..and plus its steel, so you dont have to worry about breaking it.

8. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

a zebdi would work as well.

9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

CHeck out the new tank bikes, they are really what you are looking for.

www.biketrials.com

10. ryanuk500

ryanuk500 Guest

yea im seriously considerin the norco, but how would the moment handle DJ? i guess the frames strong and i could get 3 or 4" suspension fork...

also saw the kona stuff today, a DJ bike aparantly good for streetridin, anyone know bout it?

11. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

k i dont wanna sound like an ass but...try searching. thank you. :joshers:

12. Elan

Elan steve french

norco steel>kona

13. ryanuk500

ryanuk500 Guest

well u do sound like an ass, theres nothin better than info directly from other riders, especially in a trials forum

14. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

ya' get the leach special from norco.. he rides it with a short travel fork.. it is designed to take one and still be trials specific...
    Eric

15. Elan

Elan steve french

santacruz chameleon is popular too