good or bad choice?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by nidoss, May 25, 2004.

1. nidoss

nidoss Guest

I just decided to replace my hs-33's and evo adapters for avid sd 7's with koolstop salmon pads, salsa booster, xtr levers, and e series cable and housing.

good decision or bad? i have a px mk5 no dedicated magura mounts =(

2. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

V's vs. maggies: entirely subjective. You should be just fine.

As for the parts you've listed: good choices. I actually used to double up a gorrila booster with a salsa booster when I ran V's.

3. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Make shure you grind the rim too. "Don't forget to grind or you'll grind yourself". My quote of the day. :D

Set up is perfect other than that. It should work amazing.

4. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

if you have vee mounts you might as well run vee's. they will be much less hassel in that case and you will probably be satisfied with your choice.

5. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Get two QBP travel agents.One to replace the noodle,adapt the other to curve out of the lever. Cable housing flex is the main source of lost power,
    get rid of the curved cable section and.. EURETHRA! Power! Maggies will bow to you! :bigthumb:

6. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Hahahaha, I'm guessing you meant EUREAKA, or meant it as a joke... because EURETHRA is the tube that carries piss from your bladder. Anyway, that is about the best v set up I've heard so far. Good choice :bigthumb: .

7. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

no, its urethra. and yes it was a joke

good choice on the v setup.