Glad I'm not American

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Soapster887, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Soapster887

Soapster887 The J-man

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/01/1...ion-down-americas-cannibalistic-profiteering/

"America incarcerates more of it’s citizens than any other country in the world. With only 5% of the world population, America has more than 25% of the world’s prisoners. America is either the country with the most criminals in the world, the country that has become the greatest police state in the world, or the country whom, with profit as the motive for all that is done, has found a way to exploit it’s population through incarceration for monetary gain."

"Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don't need little changes, we need gigantic, monumental changes. Schools should be palaces. The competition for the best teachers should be fierce. They should be making six-figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge to its citizens, just like national defense."

I feel sorry for all of these Americans who's lives are slowly being ruined by the systems that they hold so dear. You can choose not to see the problems, but eventually you will no longer be able to hide from them. You couldn't pay me to live in this country.

2. philth

philth Active Member

The American prison system is slave trade re-invented!!!

3. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndfqN1VKhY[/ame]

4. Old

Old Administrator

Can't it be all the above?

5. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

Can you even drive yet?

6. treewizzard

treewizzard draquella is back!

as an american, i dont care.

7. Glifted

Glifted New Member

DUR DUR DUR MERIKA SUCK!

8. literocola

literocola Well-Known Member

If you have been to jail you have a 70-80% chance of going back

If parents have criminal records its almost guaranteed that the child is going to get into trouble and end up with a record

Once your in the system its a damn near impossible feat to stay off paper. The revolving door of our fucked up judicial system.

9. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Google "Prison industrial complex" it's terrifying

10. literocola

literocola Well-Known Member

Our fair state of Colorado makes more money off prisions than tourism. Department of Corrections is one of Colorado's main money makers.

And those privatized prisions- there all over CO too, along with tons of others; state and federal.

Then once a convict is released from prison you have half way houses and there are about a million of them all over Colorado.

That milk you have in your fridge.. it came from a privatized dairy farm prison. 100% hand squeezed buy a 100% convicted felon. Oh the udderness. They also make licence plates in Canyon City, Buena Vista has a custom horse saddle shop that from what Ive herd is top notch hand made saddles. They have clothing plants- pants, jackets, boots, shoes etc. etc. It goes on and on.

Its fucking insanity.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  11. BETA

BETA New Member

We need to go back to chain gangs son.

12. Elan

Elan steve french

stay out of jail, its not that hard.

13. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

I should make a thred about every third would country and their law and judicial system and how Im so glad I dont reside in that country..... but I could care fucking less so I will save everyone the grief.

14. jesse18

jesse18 New Member

I once stole a bag of skittles. :werd:

15. Soapster887

Soapster887 The J-man

Exactly. "Third world country". You supposedly live in a western first world democracy. It was more surprise from that article that drove me to post about, I was unaware the justice system was that fucked up. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the 'land of the free, and the home of the brave'.

And for the record I'm 20, so yes, I have been driving for four years. Im also in university for International Development, so those 'third world' countries that you talk about are the ones that I study every day, along with what is happening my my own, and your own countries. Trauma, I know you are pissed off at me from the Bacon post; I understand why, with you being a paramedic, and having lost co-workers a short time ago. But you take every post against the US as a personal attack on you, which is simply not what I mean. The people of the US in my opinion go about their daily lives exactly the same as everyone else in the world, its just the decisions of their government that I see as being irrational.

16. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

Due to the fact that you make a Juvenile post in a memorial thred for a police officer that was killed in the line of duty and your displeasure for his line of work, I.E. law enforcement and your follow up post being one complaining of the american judicial system holds no weight with me. maybe being a politically motivated Canadian you can come up with rational explanitaion as to what your motives are and a solution to the decline of the amercan judical system and you can humor the rest of the board with your bipolar mindset.

17. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

A girl I know was taken at gun point, raped, and left for dead in a snow bank. Thanks to the fantastic memories of her apartment mates they caught the guy in under 48 hours. No judicial system is perfect but it certainly can work.

18. jesse18

jesse18 New Member

We might not have the brightest people in our government but like said above. When shit goes down, we get it taken care of. Sorry about your friend KeepRollin.

19. Boots

Boots Scorekeeper.

America is great, surely among the greatest nations- if you're willing to earn your way.

But our backward drug laws contribute to that astronomical number of inmates to a considerable extent. (Definitely where profiting off of inmates factors in, i.e. Rumsfeld, etc.).

And Canadians, you can sleep more soundly at night knowing you literally piggy back off the most powerful country in the world in terms of security. We'll keep your oil nice and safe.

@Jesse, we have the brightest people in our government, just they don't give speeches and aren't accountable to the electorate.

20. Bravo! Very well said.