Geax DH Tire

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by xxxfr, Jul 15, 2004.

1. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

This is a 6 ply tire, that ive been riding for a few months now, and love..... A few ppl asked me where to get them, but other than the shop i work at, i dont know.....heres some specs

http://www.geax.com/prodgeax/specialty/Volcano.htm

Cambria has them in both duros

http://www.cambriabike.com/tires/downhill.htm

I run the harder tire, i do only urban......

heres a copy of my original review

Now that i have some time on it, and no flats yet, the weight isnt that noticable, and its not much heavier than a 2.5 24.1...

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

geax is still in business? that defies all logic.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I would suggest no one runs this tire, unless you are a nazi from california in the KK...

1350g
    50 duro
    2.3"

SOUNDS AWESOME TO ME!!

1 person likes this.
  4. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

geax is owned by vittoria/continental now....

and y shouldnt anyone use it...

5. WhiteRavenKS

my maxxis minion is 40 duro, 2.5, 2-ply (plenty), and weighs about 1250g, has a nicer tread pattern design....

for a few dollars more than that geax, you could buy a michelin c24.1- i have seen them all over the net for 35-45 bucks.

6. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

true.....but what happens when a 2.5 tire (michy or maxxis) dont fit in my zebdi :dunno:, the 2.2 24.1 is a little small, measuring 2.1, and the volcano dh actually measures a little bigger than 2.3

If your having probs w/ tires, i would give one of these a try

7. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

and 40 duro would last about 3 hours for the urban/skate park/trials riding i do

8. WhiteRavenKS

so this geax tire works for you- thats good. there are a lot better tires out there for barely any more expense. also, i have seen several px frames hold a 2.5 michelin with no problems. also also- the 2.2 michelin is plenty of tire, 9/10 people will never need any more tire than the comp 24.1 in the 2.2" size. i would ten thousand ttimes rather have a smaller tire that works than a bigger one that doesnt.

9. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea....my frame doesnt.....ive already talked to px about it, they said 'then dont run a 2.5', which is fine, because i use this geax...... as i said, i ride urban, so i have no clue how it works for natural. But as ive noticed for urban, u dont really need a perfect tread or a soft duro.....ive done rails with hookworms, there wasnt as much room for error, but it didnt stop me from making it.....

i guess what i should have said, is this is a great tire for urban trials.

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I've seen about 8 planet x zebdies, from the mk2 to the mk5, all runing dx-32's with michelin 2.5" 24.1s...personally I would never run anything more than the 2.2" micheys, that little number means nothing- your rim width, the casing and the duro means everything. For urban trials you really shouldn't need a 1300+g tire what-so-ever unless you are pushing 400 pounds....I would've stuck with your hookworms if you want a good skatepark/crazy JIbby jiboo tire; I mean heck, you can do rails with them!

11. oicdn

oicdn Guest

:rofl: