funnies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Debate' started by tomacropod, Oct 26, 2004.

1. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I was waiting for this forum to happen, I apologise for being part of the preceding problem, I understand how irritating it was.

- Joel

2. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Joel, you are the problem, along with Afrobot.

I like it :)

3. Simonk

Simonk Guest

yeah joel, the off topic forum is for posts about sticking shit up one's dickhole, not politics or any of that other vulgar crud.

4. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Dickhole sticking is now a sport.

5. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

OMG AAs!

of course this thread was a waste of time cos Bill will never come into this forum *shrug*

- Joel

6. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

This sub forum was obviosly started as a way of allowing free speech ,while placing the discussion far away from curious clickers who might accidentally participate in a political discussion.

If you lower the voice of dissent ,it will at some point conveniently vanish. And then Bill you will have your right wing utopia.

7. Simonk

Simonk Guest

I dont think so. I think that with all the campaigning and general talk of politics in the media right now (i'm guessing in America at least, its mostly stopped over here), I understand that people would be getting sick of talk of politics. It seems as though everyone has their own political agenda and their own personal interests, and anything they ever say is only there to convince the public to vote for whoever it is they want to get in.

These days I find it hard to believe anything I ever hear or read, in the media, in the forums, or even in person. It seems like its impossible for people to speak objectively about something like politics if they themselves are going to be voting for someone. I understand why people would not like to be bombarded with political talk in a forum where, unlike most other media we can escape what seems more and more like constant bombardment of lies.

I must agree it does say something about society when people show this attitude towards discussion of politics, but I dont blame anyone. Almost all of the political posts here are about how crap the other guy is, how crap the other guy's policies are, or how crap the people who vote for the other guy are. Shouldnt we be discussing the positive side of things? The solutions to national and international problems?

8. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

This subforum was to discourage political discussion, because as the admin of this site I should and do read every thread and post here (with few exceptions). I am so sick of reading this stuff that I decided to give it its own place and hopefully re-spur my joy of running the site instead of the dread of knowing i have to come here and read this stuff. Its not that I hate your political viewpoint or its getting voiced, its that I am tired of POLITICS. I don't want to remove anyone's "right" to discuss it here (and I put right in quotations because no one has any rights here and I don't want to mislead anyone to thinking they do), but you have to understand that I do not want to dump time and money into a site I don't even want to visit because I know I have to spend 10 minutes there reading political threads every time I click my bookmark. I'm even less likely to respond to any threads (even when I'm called out as in the other thread) because that means I'm going to have to read the responses to it and most likely reply to them again. It's neverending.

Understand, Josh?

Bill

9. afrobot

No worries. It'll all be over before we know it. And by "over" I don't mean Nov.2nd I mean the end of the world.....Moo Haaa Haallah!!!!

10. OTAdmin

Josh, I think you may find some of this stuff interesting: http://www.johntitor.com/. Browse around the site and read some of his predictions and suggestions.

11. afrobot

Not sure what to think????

12. OTAdmin

Yeah, wicked stuff eh?

13. afrobot

I didn't get that far. Where is the meat of the article.I think I was looking at the wrong part. I'm not sure how much good an IBM 5100 will do for the future of mankind.Not that an apple IIc would help any more???

14. OTAdmin

I haven't been there in a few years so I'm not really sure where the meat of it is anymore. On the left column, under "The Posts By Topic", click "John's War". If memory serves, I believe there is some interesting stuff in there about civil unrest due to the election. I think he says this leads to a civil war and eventually WW3.